Conversation Between wulfman and BLADE35
Showing Visitor Messages 41 to 50 of 50
  1. wulfman
    11-24-2011 06:12 PM - permalink
    Benny i have never seen nor heard of that , a tar and gravel roof on a pitch never. And what do you mean by fiber board ?
  2. BLADE35
    11-24-2011 05:25 PM - permalink
    anything like that?? Oh ya it had 3/4 ply ontop the roof trusses. On the Edges of the roof where its cupped the nailes have backed out and are sticking up I beleive this is where the watewer is getting in and getting the Fiber Board wet its not getting in the house cuz the tar $ Gravel under that. Im going to seal it off for the winter best I can but in the next 5 or so years want it to be sellable. What do you do Suggest
  3. BLADE35
    11-24-2011 05:23 PM - permalink
    Well it went Good had a couple turkey dinners so far I commited to a couple Family parties. Next year Im not going to commite to anyone. But all in all went Good.

I was doing some work at Grannys house yesterday and put a Vent out the roof for a bath fan. God I hope it dont leak. But anyway I saw something Iv never seen B4 but thought you might have. I cut thru the layer of Asphalt singles and the tar paper only to find a layer of 1/2 inch Fiber Board I guess you would call it and then under that was a Tar & Gravel Roof. Its got maybe a 4in12 pitch not to steep but still First time Iv seen Tar & Gravel on anything but a Flat roof. How often do you run into that. I know for shure the house was Built in 1967. And the Asphalt singles I thougfht were 44 years old aint that old. They might be 20 years old IDK. Have you delt with
  4. wulfman
    11-24-2011 04:50 PM - permalink
    How it going Benny how is your thankgiving going i just ate now can't get up, to much food
  5. wulfman
    11-18-2011 05:47 PM - permalink
    Benny if her roof is 44 years old then its time for a new one , yes 10 by 10 is a square 100 sq ft and 3 bundles of shingles is a sq. Metal roofs cost double or more. And you can do a nail over one layer but in my opinion is a cheap way out, if you are paying someone you won't pay to have it tore off this time but next time it will cost double. And if you don't tear the shingles off you can't see the condition of the sheating on the roof. If it were my granny's house i would tear it off and do it right.
  6. BLADE35
    11-18-2011 05:29 PM - permalink
    Hey David
    I know that your in the roofing Biz and I had a couple questions
    My Grandmas House is 44 years old and still has the original Asphalt singles I cannot see it leaking yet and I have alittle bit of the ceiling in the house taken out for remodle and dont see any leaks.But its really close. Now it only has 1 layer single on it and I had heard you can go upto 2 layers B4 you have to strip it off. But on some of the edges its staRTing to like cup up and looks like it has the potetial to hold alittle water. If it was laying flat I would feel better about going over it with a layer. But since it it cupped at ther edge I almost feel that I should strip the bad areas and check the plywood under it IDK. And one more thing actully 2 but is a metal roof alot more Expensive compared to asphault. And what is a square considered 10ftx10ft or?? Thanks David just thought I would ask a pro
  7. wulfman
    11-17-2011 07:54 PM - permalink
    How have you been , me good still covered up in work , just did new pads and rotors on truck.
  8. BLADE35
    10-08-2011 07:22 PM - permalink
    Those copper washers usually come out with the injector sometimes they dont and you might have to fish it out of the injector cup
    to get the coppere washer off the injector tip use your razor knife slide it inbetween the injector and washer that helps to get it off
    Use a deepwell socket to install the new copper washer
  9. wulfman
    10-08-2011 06:55 PM - permalink
    Hey bought new O ring kit but looks like new injector came with them and copper washer. the copper wash any chance of it not being on when i pull it.
  10. BLADE35
    10-08-2011 06:20 PM - permalink
    Its should be a walk in the park compared to that oil cooler
    let me know if you cant find that stuff in the Bible