Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > cb_13
Reload this Page >

Conversation Between cb_13 and CMOS

Notices
Conversation Between cb_13 and CMOS
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2
  1. cb_13
    11-27-2011 04:50 PM - permalink
    Yes I did do the install myself. It is a little complicated as you have to remove the valve body and make modifications to the separator plate. So there is the possibility of loosing some of the little rubber ball bearings in the valve body or putting them back in the wrong spot. I had an ace up my sleeve as I work at a dealership and I waited until a night when our transmission guy was gonna work overtime. I put everything in place and had him check my work before I put the valve body back on.
    The directions are pretty straightforward though so with a little patience and the help of a camera phone it would not be too bad.
  2. CMOS
    11-27-2011 09:38 AM - permalink
    "I bought a transgo shift kit for $40 off of ebay. It really does as much as I was hoping to accomplish. I do have a tuner. Have run it with just tuner, just shift kit, and with both. If you just wanted to adjust the shifting it might be worth considering since its alot cheaper than any tuner. Even the more high performance kits can be found for around 150. "

CB,

Did you install the shift kit yourself? If so, was it difficult?

Thanks,
    CMOS

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.