Conversation Between Gary Lewis and theothewolf
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 4 of 4
  1. Gary Lewis
    02-17-2017 07:57 PM - permalink
    The Edelbrock carbs don't like more than about 5.5 psi, while Autolites and Holleys are ok with more like 7 or 8. Big Blue is running an Eddy and somehow the sump was absolutely FULL of gas when I got him, so I think the electric pump overwhelmed the needles and flooded the carb. Not wanting a recurrence of that I'll run a regulator. And, I'll include a pressure gauge so I can set the regulator and know when I don't have fuel pressure.
  2. theothewolf
    02-17-2017 06:04 PM - permalink
    Awesome! Thanks, the way my luck is going at the moment im thinking better safe than sorry and i love how well that one looks, and serves its function so i figured I'd ask before i did too much looking around. Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have if it keeps you on the road.
  3. Gary Lewis
    02-17-2017 06:54 AM - permalink
    Happy to help. The regulator currently on Big Blue is a Holley 12-803, which is what is called a deadhead, or non-bypass unit. That means it is intended for use on the end of a supply line with no return. But I have a 12-803BP that will go on at some point in place of both the current regulator and the vapor separator that returns some fuel to the tank. That way the system is simplified and I still have fuel circulating to ensure it is kept cool.
  4. theothewolf
    02-16-2017 10:27 PM - permalink
    Hey Gary, youve been a great help with trying to get my "new" 84 f150 up and running, and while i was waiting for that wiring harness to come in i spent quite a bit of time trawling around the forum read your whole big blue thread, and was tacky wondering what fuel regulater you've got hooked up on him? Id ask in the tread but i cant seem to find it right now! Probably just to tired. Thanks!