Conversation Between m-chan68 and dee004
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 10
  1. dee004
    05-16-2016 07:02 PM - permalink
    Every time I typed Rakel it kept changing it to Rachel. Grrrrr
  2. dee004
    05-16-2016 07:00 PM - permalink
    Nice buddy. 2016. I wish lol. Just can't swing it. Great to hear Rachel is wrenching. Good for her that's awesome. Ellisondre is still racing and doing amazing so all my money is completely tied up. Can you do me a favor and get me a part number and cost on the adapters for me please. Enjoy the new truck congrats buddy. Cheers. Talk soon. Say hi to Rachel. Don
  3. m-chan68
    05-15-2016 09:28 PM - permalink
    They are 8 x170. And how are things going with you these days? Yeah, it's been a long while. Well, I sold my 2007 F-250 to get into my current 2016. Yeah, you must be thinking I'm crazy, but I will admit I do sometimes miss the clatter of my old 6.0L. I guess years of wrenching for a living has made the thought of having to wrench on your own ride less and less appealing, combined with the seeming reliability and power of the 6.7 was what motivated my decision. Rakel has now chosen to get into the automotive profession like myself. She has worked at a couple of dealers already. Now she only needs to settle into one that fits her best. Take care.
  4. dee004
    05-15-2016 10:28 AM - permalink
    Mike my man. How the heck are you? Been a while. How's Rachel and yourself these days?I have a question for you. The front hub extention adapters on the 05 and up F350. Are they 8X170 to 8X200. I'm looking for a set that are. I have dually wheels and they are 17" 8X200. I also got a set of 3" steel billet adapters for the rear. Just don't feel safe towing the 5th wheel on two back tires anymore. Must be my age and of common sense kicking in. Take care bunch. Gotta hook up soon. Cheers. Don
  5. dee004
    04-26-2014 08:54 PM - permalink
    Mike. I have a guy looking to get a bulletproofing done on his 6.0. I thought I'd touch base before passing on your info. Let me know if your interested. Hope all's well with you and Rakel. Sure has been a while. Been a **** storm around here lately. Be talking to yah soon. Don
  6. m-chan68
    06-15-2012 09:25 PM - permalink
    That works fine for me.
  7. dee004
    06-15-2012 09:21 PM - permalink
    Mike,
    I'm thinking of coming down Monday. I have to go down to Commissioners and Carlaw for 8am and then up to your area. Let me know if that works for you. Should be about 10 or so depending on traffic.
    Don
  8. m-chan68
    04-27-2012 08:45 PM - permalink
    Unfortunately not. That filter is mounted on a bracket that tends to flex when you put any kind of force to it, so the best thing to do is to get a long prybar to wedge in behind there, while trying to "zap" it loose with an impact with the correct size of socket. Having a new canister handy would also help, just in case you do break it, so you won't stuck. Good luck and have fun.
  9. dee004
    04-27-2012 05:31 PM - permalink
    Hey Mike. Quick question. I was going to change the transmission filter on the frame but can't get the damb thing undone. Almost feels like I'm taking it to the point where the canister is going to break. Any tricks in getting this thing off?
    Thanks bud, Don
  10. m-chan68
    04-04-2012 09:46 PM - permalink
    Good going Don. Sure, I don't have a problem meeting in person to shoot the breeze a little. I actually live in Brampton and work at Yorkdale, so whichever is closer and more convenient is entirely up to you. It sure seems like you spent a lot of money on this project even doing the wrenching yourself. But I have to admit, it sure does make an interesting read though. More so, is the end result that only makes it all the more rewarding.