Conversation Between oreocreaming and negretez
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2
  1. oreocreaming
    10-13-2011 11:47 PM - permalink
    what part of so-cal? sorry i havent messaged back. havent been on the site and i never got an e mail saying i had a message. feel free to text me at 559-474-9997
  2. negretez
    09-03-2011 02:05 AM - permalink
    Dear Oreocreaming:

My name is Phil Negrete. I am a new member. Sent out a general post looking for a mechanic in the southern california are that is very familiar with the 6.9 liter diesel engine. Aune 163rd told me to contact you. I have a 1986 Ford Econoline Diesel Van. Bought it a couple of months ago in Ontario. Never heard it start. Previous owner said it was running but stopped because of a bad injection pump. I just purchased a remanufactured pump. Now I want to get it installed, change out all the injectors, the injector lines both the metal lines and the braided lines. Would also like to change out the glow plugs. I have already changed the oil, oil filter, fuel filter and air filter. Also changed the trans filter and trans oil.

Looking for someone who has a great deal of experience with this engine, just in case I replace all these parts and there is something else or some kind of specific trick to get the van back up and running. Any help would be great. Thanks