Conversation Between cheezit and aegons6.0
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 6 of 6
  1. aegons6.0
    02-10-2016 04:14 PM - permalink
    Hey Cheezit, I disconnected the EBP and drove around for about 35 minutes, 30-65mph, and I used cruise control.

Cruise control and acceleration through all gears felt smoother.

Idle at stop signs with break seemed smoother.

Truck seemed to idle more evenly, it usually winds up like a jet. ( the idle sounded deeper as well)

It did have a more prominent injector tapping noise though I think? Maybe thats just because the EBP was unplugged.

Thanks a ton ! let me know what you think .
  2. aegons6.0
    02-09-2016 05:32 PM - permalink
    I also forgot to mention. I've had some surging on acceleration. In case that sheds more light. 10- 4 on the ebp i'll let u know how that goes.
  3. cheezit
    02-09-2016 03:37 PM - permalink
    Disconnect the ebp and see if it still happens. If so I can tell you the most likly cause
  4. aegons6.0
    02-09-2016 03:11 PM - permalink
    Hey Cheezit A of all thank you for the help back in September (I wound up removing MAP hose to find the Manifold port was clogged with crap) A toothpick down the hole and it was good to go.
    Your insight was a life changer as I was in a predicament and was able to get her fixed.

I've been driving the truck since and have been experiencing some more abnormalities.
    My truck will stutter/miss/buck back when driving.

It usually does this when ----
    I'm going up a hill in high gear.
    When I'm cruising @ 55/60 in high gear.
    It stutters when I'm pulling a 5k load on a 16 ft trailer.
    Stutters often with cruise control feature on as well.

It seems to be better under harder acceleration and a higher speed of 70 mph.
    ??
    Thank you sir.
  5. cheezit
    09-12-2015 09:51 AM - permalink
    Your code is engine oil temp. Possibly left disconnected.
    Go back and check ficm connections, is the map hose hooked up?
    Those are the most common things.
  6. aegons6.0
    09-10-2015 03:59 PM - permalink
    Hey cheezit i've got a 2005 6.0 in the Ponder Tx area that i've been working on and i'm at the end of my wits with this truck honestly.

I just recently took the intake manifold off to replace the coolant donut O ring underneath it. So I had the turbo, CAC tubes, Turbo air intake tubes and parts of the Wire Harness unclipped and moved.

Now that I have her back togetheri had a P0198 code i cleared and now I've got no CEL light or codes at the moment and she will hardly start and feels like its its throwing rods to try and start and then when its running theres absolutely no power and what power it has to build up and it almost sounds like its gonna stall when you change from Drive to Park.

got 29- 55 PSI on the Intake manifold depending on rpm
    OBD says 25% fuel input ???