Conversation Between creich68 and CraigOutdoors
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 4 of 4
  1. CraigOutdoors
    01-13-2011 09:55 PM - permalink
    Yeah, the dorms weren't very beer friendly when I was there, although, "kool aid" abounded.
    The Corps Schedule sounds pretty sweet to me. My Uncle actually works for them too. He lives in St. Loo, but works down by Cape Geirardo or however you spell that. Comes home on the weekends.
    I pledged Kappa Sig, but I was only there for a semester, so all I did was pledge.
  2. creich68
    01-13-2011 06:25 PM - permalink
    ME is a tough major. I several friends that went that route and they complained about the classes quite often. I lived in the dorms the first two years than moved off campus to save money and get rid of some the hassles dorms generated (Dorms aren't too beer friendly haha). The corps is a great place to work. I'm hoping to work for them someday. I like their work schedule
  3. CraigOutdoors
    01-12-2011 08:53 PM - permalink
    I went to rolla for a semester back in fall 98. Back then it was still UMR. I was majoring in Mech. Eng. but after a semester I decided it wasn't for me. Not much else to go for down there but Engineering, so I left. In hindsight, I wish I'd have given it longer, but I was being young and dumb. You in the dorms or in a frat? I used to work with a guy who's wife graduated with a Civil degree about the time I would have graduated had I stuck it out. She was workin' for the Corps of Engineers. That was a sweet gig. She made good money and got lots of vacation. He was a Mech engineer still looking for an Engineering job about four or five years after graduating.
  4. creich68
    01-11-2011 06:35 PM - permalink
    It the "I love snow" thread, you posted about going to school in Rolla. What was your major? I'm down in Rolla finishing up my Master's in Civil