Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > shorod
Reload this Page >

Conversation Between shorod and doerun6217

Notices
Conversation Between shorod and doerun6217
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 3 of 3
  1. shorod
    09-14-2016 07:52 AM - permalink
    I should also mention that the temp sensors are interchangeable so you could try swapping it with another to see if the performance changes. Just keep track of where the suspect one moves to so you don't find yourself wondering which one is the bad one.
  2. shorod
    09-14-2016 07:50 AM - permalink
    There is a blend door axle that has been known to break which, from my limited experience, can typically be spotted by removing the blend door motor which is pretty easy to get to above the accelerator pedal. If you're lucky and that's not the issue, then the issue may be as simple as a bad temperature sensor for the driver's side discharge. The temp sensors typically run around $25, even from the dealership.
  3. doerun6217
    09-14-2016 12:38 AM - permalink
    I have a question about my 04 EB explorer. Its got the dual climate control. The issue I'm seeing is that with the morning temps outside being cooler now, the wife has had to turn the heat on. In the afternoons on the drive home she is having to use the A/C. The passenger side is blowing cool, but the drivers side vents are noticeably warmer. Its almost as if the blend door for the drivers side is slightly open. I'm not that familiar with the dual climate systems. Done a lot of work on the singles. Replaced many blend doors and heater cores in the F150's but nothing with explorers. Any ideas? I've taken the vacuum line off the control valve going to the heater core and believe it or not the drivers side temp did cool off a little, but its still noticeably warmer than the pass. side. I've not looked at it too much yet due to not having time yet.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.