Reload this Page >

Conversation Between shorod and jkloster

Notices
Conversation Between shorod and jkloster
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2
  1. jkloster
    06-03-2016 10:10 AM - permalink
    Hi Rod
    I don't know enough about how this site works to find what I wrote to you yesterday, but I do know we are limited to 1,000 characters, I originally had over 2,000, then spent a half hour shortening it. I'm John, the guy with a 2003 Explorer Eddie Bauer with a second air door actuator I can't get to without removing the dash. Well, it's very loose now, but something near the airbag is not allowing the passenger side to move more than one or two inches. Would you please send me whatever you have in your manual that covers the final stages of dash removal and airbag removal. I am hoping to be able to move everything out far enough to access and replace the actuator. Where do you live, I am in the Seattle area. I would like to find something to do for you in appreciation for all the things you have done for so many others who I have been reading about here. Thanks, John [email protected]
  2. jkloster
    06-03-2016 01:53 AM - permalink
    Shorod Uh Oh, too long.
    I read what you said to another FTE person re Navi location of airbag parts. My problem is so-so related, you said you had info to email him. If you don't read this I hope someone else may have ideas.
    I have 2003 Explorer which has dual air door actuators. Driver side relatively easy, passnger side hard. Trying to remove dash and move it a bit in hopes of access to second actuator. To temp open airbag area will let me see what I am facing. I know that many Navi are similar to other Ford products incl my Explorer. Would you be able to email me anything that might be of help? My email is [email protected] Am close to where I get the dash released. The problem area may be attached to an arched metal bracket to the left of the seat where airbag container is located. The defroster duct obscures most of area.
    Anything you or anyone else reading this can help me with would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    John

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.