Conversation Between Rusty_Bits and firstrider
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 6 of 6
  1. Rusty_Bits
    02-01-2010 11:53 AM - permalink
    Denny, thank you for the information.

regards, Mark
  2. Rusty_Bits
    02-01-2010 11:51 AM - permalink
    Denny, the following is an excerpt from a post I made back on Jan. 18, 2010.

"If anyone is interested why I need it; it is to try to build a cold air inlet for my motor (Dodge Magnum 318 MPFI). I have attached a sketch (I think) if not there is one in my photo gallery of my idea.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/pi...ictureid=24201

I have a tilt front end, so I was going to have the inlet attached to the fender; which will allow it to tilt with the front end. Then attach the ducting itself to the inner fender well and fender brace.

The thought was to modify the front of the ducting into a funnel type shape so that it is larger than the inlet discharge (see sketch). Anyways back to I need to check the areas of the ducting and inlet to make sure that I have the correct volume of air required for the motor."

regard, Mark
  3. firstrider
    01-31-2010 05:46 PM - permalink
    Mark , the dia. of the fresh air tube is 3.5 " and the sq. in area of the inlet opening is 11.25 . Hope this helps . Just curious , what are you tring to do with these measurments ?
  4. Rusty_Bits
    01-29-2010 09:21 AM - permalink
    Denny, thank you for getting back to me. I dont have a problem waiting for the information, so a few days would be fine. I would post my phone number but you wouldn't be able to get a hold of me anyways because I will be to busy, also I don't know where the private area is that you are talking about to put it. Regards Mark
  5. firstrider
    01-28-2010 06:53 PM - permalink
    Mark . will measure dia. of freah air tube and get back to you . About the sq. in. area of the inlet under the top of the r. front fender will figre that out and send with previous duct info . Give me a few days or post your ph. # for mre and I will call. Later ,Denny
  6. Rusty_Bits
    01-24-2010 10:15 AM - permalink
    Julies Cool F1 suggested that I contact you, she thought that you might be able to give me a few dimensions for magic air heater ducting. Specifically I need the diameter of the ducting and the cross sectional area (in square inches) of the inlet out at the front of the fender above the headlight where it attaches to the fender. Regards, Rusty_bits (Mark)

Oh yeah, by the way your truck looks great.