Conversation Between kenjh and SPEEDKING83
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 9 of 9
  1. SPEEDKING83
    03-25-2013 07:44 AM - permalink
    Much appreciated on the warm regards Ken; glad to know youre doing well. About the cars, Id personally like to have a hardtop. Anyway, a decent running Plymouth, prefferably a 1958 Belevdere would be nice. Two or four door does not matter to me in the least, so surprise me lol. I dont know how hard they are to come by where where you are Ken, but here, and Im sure you know, theyve gone through the roof! Mostly because the movie, "Christine". Dont get me wrong, loved the book and movie, but makes even harder to find one even not running below four grand. Im hoping the searching in Canada will be more fruitful that Ive had here in the past three years. I am also a huge admirer of the "Plodges", such as the Mayfair, Regent, and Kingsway, but Im looking more for the Plymouth at this point. I hear the Kingsway is the hardest to find. Again, thanks so much for all of your help, advice and insight. Mnay thanks to you and again, God bless.

Robert
  2. kenjh
    03-25-2013 04:17 AM - permalink
    Hi ..glad to hear your still with us !! and yes upgrading the power is a good thing if that's what YOU want ..your truck your rules !! as for the Chrysler stuff ..hell yah I know someone ..Andy a good buddy of mine ..so what do you want first ?? pick one I am sure he can find what you want and stock .. rebuilder ..2 door 4 door ..or rag-top ??if it's out there I know Andy can find it ..
  3. SPEEDKING83
    03-24-2013 10:14 PM - permalink
    Hey Ken, i hate to ask, and i know this is not exactly the best place to ask, this being a ford site, but Im also looking for two cars that are almost impossible to find here in the states. Im also a huge mopar junkie, and Ive been looking forever for a decent running Plymouth between 1957-1958, like savoy, belvedere, Plaza. The other car is harder to find as they were Canada made only, the Regent, Mayfair, Kingsway, also between 57-58. If you know anybody in your neck of the woods that may have any of those, i would be extremely greatful if you could hit me up on any leads. Again thank you and God bless.
  4. SPEEDKING83
    03-24-2013 10:08 PM - permalink
    Hey KenJH,

Sorry its been so long since i talked to ya last. Yeah, im still working on her, not as much as id like to, but i gotta pay the bills too lol. Anyway, at this point, Im looking to buy a rebuilt 351 or 302 to fit in her and give her some kick. I do like the original inline six in her, but I was planing on beefing her hp up at some point, and no time like the present. My views for her are more of a preservation build than a restoration. Also, its been hell trying tyo find a good place to get replacement glass for her,which is also a pain, considering she needs all new glass all the way round. Again, my apologies for being out of touch so long, but Im sure youve been busy yourself. Also, once I get the replacement engine installed, I most likely will be putting the inline six up for sdale with original trannie. Again, thanks so much for all your help. God bless.
  5. kenjh
    12-11-2011 10:12 AM - permalink
    well the good news is your working on her ..if your getting white out of the carb when shut down ..it could be the gas is drooling into the manifold and boiling out of the intake ..just check down the carb and watch to see if it stays wet in there ..not a big deal just reset the float level if you think your head gasket is blown or cracks in the head or block ..pull your spark plugs ..they should all look the same ..if two side by side are diffrent then the rest ,check the compression ,side by side low..blown gasket ..40 bucks and a couple of hours your good ..your compression should be fairly close all round but if your not if helps to run her and let things heat cycle a few times with sea foam or some kind of lube'cleaner to loosen the rings an valves ..good to hear your still getting to work on her !!
  6. SPEEDKING83
    12-10-2011 09:17 AM - permalink
    Hey KenJH,
    Sorry I've been outa touch for a while; other things on the plate y'know. Anyway, I did get the brakes and the slave cylinder bled and pressured, with much cursing and sweat lol. On the other hand, I've got a two new problems. One: the wipers will not work aS they should. They don't go the regular speed at all; instead they very feebly scrape across the winshield, stop for a bit, and then very slowly plop back into place. Also, the raidiator hoses aren't pressuring up properly. There also seems to be white smoke emitting from the barrel when I open the butterfly valve, as well as the hissing of pressurized vapors from underneath the oil filler cap. Automatically, I was terrified of two things: hydrolock and/or a crack in the head; maybe even a possible blown head gasket. At this point I'm not sure what to do. Any advice man?
  7. kenjh
    09-13-2011 12:07 AM - permalink
    checking in ..how is your truck coming..did you figgerout the problem with the clutch??
  8. SPEEDKING83
    06-05-2011 05:11 PM - permalink
    Hey KenJH, I wanted to impart to you another question about the master cylinder issue that has been on going since. I got the new kits for the cylinders and replaced them both, cleaning and scrubbing the casings thoroughly. After I reinstalled the clutch cylinder, I finally was able to get fluid moving through the line, so I closed the bleeder valve on the slave cylinder. For some strange reason, I cant prime it. I dont know if Im doing something wrong, or if the slave cylinder is bad. I cant tell of a leak anywhere. I was hoping you could shed some light on this for me if have an idea why this might ben happening. Also, the cylinder kits were both for the clutch cylinder, not one for the clutch and one for the brake. LMC didnt have a kit for brake cylinder, so I used a clutch cylinder kit for the brake. Havent tried it yet; focusing on the clutch at this point. Is that not an ok thing to do?
  9. SPEEDKING83
    05-29-2011 10:11 AM - permalink
    Hey kenjh,
    Sorry I havent replied back; my work as a land surveyor takes me long distances. Anyway, I have ordered two rebuild kits, which are presently on their way as we speak. I have also ordered a new vacuum fuel pump as well. And to answer your other question, I live in Brazoria county, TX. How bout yourself?