Conversation Between System and DeuceDuty
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 6 of 6
  1. System
    07-14-2017 06:23 PM - permalink
    If it was a bad tweeter, it would be an issue all the time and not just when on the phone. I would try swapping the OE tweeter back in and see if the issue remains...
  2. DeuceDuty
    07-14-2017 03:19 PM - permalink
    I am not using the supplied crossovers. I literally just cut the old tweeters off and wired the new ones in. It only seems to be on the drivers side... perhaps a bad tweeter maybe?
  3. System
    07-14-2017 03:16 PM - permalink
    I wouldn't think reversed polarity would cause that... Hmmm.... You could try it to see I guess and check to make sure you don't have a bare spot that is grounding out. However, that would likely cause an issue all the time. Are you using the supplied crossovers? That shouldn't make a difference either but I'm not using mine as it sounded much better without them as it's already crossed at the amp.
  4. DeuceDuty
    07-14-2017 03:10 PM - permalink
    Good to know. If I had the wires reversed do you think that would do it?
  5. System
    07-14-2017 03:06 PM - permalink
    No, no issues whatsoever. Something must be off with the install...
  6. DeuceDuty
    07-14-2017 02:53 PM - permalink
    Rodney - have you had any issues with your tweeters buzzing when you are on phone calls in particular with your Focal stereo upgrade? I did the same upgrade as you and it sounds great for music, but I get a bad buzzing sound when people are talking on a phone call. You?