Moto Mel
    Here's the part you need, for less than half of what I paid;

Hover over the image to zoom in

Part No. 70801Warranty

DOHC engine; Oil Filter Adapter Gasket; Per vehicle quantity 1
  2. Moto Mel
    08-20-2012 02:53 PM - permalink
    Moto Mel
    The oil filter adaptor is located at the driver side front of the engine and has both coolant and oil going through it. There is a strong possibility that the o-ring that seals the oil passage has failed and as the oil pressure is greater then the coolant pressure the oil is leaking into the coolant. I had to buy my replacement from Ford but it may be availble from NAPA or Autozone by now.
    You will have to drain the radiator and plan on changing the oil and filter when tou start the job. It's not a hard job on a 2X4 but more difficult in a 4X4 and it can get messy. Just plan on a couple of hours to do the job.
    Just be glad it's the oil going into the radiator and not coolant going into the engine. That would be very bad.
    Good luck with it.
  3. slj029
    08-19-2012 06:41 PM - permalink
    slj029
    Hey there Moto Mel.....I was looking up something that is wrong with my truck and came across a post you made..... My 2002 f150 has oil in the radiator. But doesn't seem to be leaking or smoking so I read to check the radiator and when I pulled the cap off I saw blackish color water! The reason I noticed is that I keep having to add oil to my truck and didn't know where it was going? Anyway the reason I'm messaging you is you replied to someone saying that it could be an adapter on the lower left side of the motor that has o rings that can cause that? My question for you is where is that adapter? And is there anywhere I could see pictures to help me along? Thanks Moto!c