Conversation Between wyoming4x4 and redneckracing68
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 3 of 3
  1. redneckracing68
    05-31-2013 09:24 AM - permalink
    It has a good distrubutor and coil, flame thrower I believe, no vac advance, I will try some different timing tonight, where to start? I read straight up if running double roller?
  2. wyoming4x4
    05-31-2013 09:08 AM - permalink
    yes should have some power in 4 low. Your timing might need to play with and see if power changes. make sure your timing is advancing as needed. if set to 12 degrees should advance to around to 30 degrees on timing marks. if running vac advance distrib sometimes they stick and need to pull cap off and verify this is happening. sometimes diaphram is bad and nothing is moving and always at 12 degrees timing. suck on vacume line and watch internals of distributor move. not moving something is wrong. check fuel pressure also around 5 psi. need to buy a vacume gage and see what you engine is doing. cheap tool and tell a story of whats going on with engine. great tool to learn.
  3. redneckracing68
    05-31-2013 08:59 AM - permalink
    The 400 I have should have some power though shouldnt it...especially in 4 low??? I think my kids go gart with a 5 hp and the 400 in 4 low in a race for 150 feet he would walk all over me....I have never driven a 351m or 400 so Im just spectulating