Conversation Between mechelement and tin lizzie
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2
  1. mechelement
    12-25-2011 09:14 AM - permalink
    I just got this message. I recommend reading my thread and seeing if you understand everything. If you had a spreader tool, it would probably make life easier, but it is possible to tap the seals in. I used a log piece of pipe and tapped the seals in through the opposite axle tube Make sure it's thin enough to fit through an installed axle seal. Also, don't mung up your axle seals with that pipe. 2 people on this job for sure.
  2. tin lizzie
    12-20-2011 06:31 PM - permalink
    Hi there, not sure how often you read these messages, but I've been reading through: https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/9...placement.html. I have a 2005 F-350 with the dana 60 front axle and am about to do both inner seals. I haven't done this job before so any additional advice/tips appreciated. Also, recommendations to get the old seals out without damaging anything, plus I will meed to make a tool to install the seals - recommendations? The service manager at the dealer here said I should be able to just tap them in evenly, but I'm a bit skeptical on that point since everyone else seems to be either buying or making a tool.
    kirstenbr@yahoo.com if you have any intel that will help - starting the job in the next day or so.
    Thanks!