Conversation Between TexasRebel and destinedfordisaster
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 3 of 3
  1. destinedfordisaster
    05-04-2014 01:15 PM - permalink
    I think that you are right that the change over to just one transducer to do all was in '11. I checked on fordparts.com from 2006 to 2010 for the numbers on the IBC transducer and they are all the same and it doesn't matter if the truck has vacuum or hydro boost, the same part is used. I bought a master cylinder that was a reman as I couldn't see spending the large sum of money to buy a complete one, so it didn't come with the transducers. I bought the transducer from an online Ford dealer and it is the part number listed to come with the M/C, but the connectors don't match. Do you happen to remember what the connectors looked like? I am trying to figure out if the transducer is wrong, or the wiring harness. I have pictures of the wiring harness side and the transducer side, but cannot figure out how to add pictures...
  2. TexasRebel
    05-04-2014 12:45 PM - permalink
    When I did this to mine, the new master cylinder came with both pressure transducers.

Module 7C3Z-2C006-A is the in-dash part,
    Master Cylinder 8C3Z-2140-DB was the master cylinder.

In my experience, the first number in the part number corresponds to a year. Nearly every part number I've ordered or found somewhere on my pickup begins with 8C3Z. There are a few 7C3Z, and a rare 6C3Z. The 9C2Z in your part number leads be to believe that is a part for an '09. Maybe they changed the connector shape.

I do know at some point, they combined the functions into a single transducer. I thought it was '11, but it could have been earlier.
  3. destinedfordisaster
    05-03-2014 12:56 PM - permalink
    Hey TexasRebel,

I am hoping you might be able to offer some assistance here. I am trying to add IBC to my 2008 F350 SD. All the wiring is there, and I ordered the M/C, controller, and the transducer for the bottom of the M/C. The issue I am having is that the transducer (part number 9C2Z-2B674-A) has a rectangular 3 pin electrical connection. The connection that I have found on the vehicle, under the M/C and plugged into a dummy plug, is a round 4 pin connector with only 2 wire attached. I am trying to figure out if I have the wrong transducer or am I looking at the wrong connector on the main harness? I would appreciate any of your wisdom, as I have seen from other posts that you have been down this road before.