Conversation Between wallz and kschroeder.DVM
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 3 of 3
  1. kschroeder.DVM
    05-02-2015 08:00 PM - permalink
    Thanks you!
    Yes the quote I got from a glass place was about 150 more for the superduty one. I thought I say somewhere on FTE that it was the same price. I must have read it wrong. I finally convinced the place that it would even fit! It took a bit of explaining.

Thanks again

Kyle
  2. wallz
    05-02-2015 12:00 AM - permalink
    I worked for a small glass shop when I need to replace the w/s and put that in for no extra costs compared to the one without the logo. That said tho I installed it on my time and let him run the full insurance claim on the w/s so it evened out pretty much.

The place where I'm at now would probably never allow that, and the auto glass guy would probably say it would not fit. Go figure.

The cost would prpbably be $150 more than what it would cost for the normal X w/s, so canadian would be about $450.

I say shop around and try a body shop, or even direct to distributor, other glass shops as you might find someone to get it cheaper for you.
  3. kschroeder.DVM
    05-01-2015 11:42 AM - permalink
    Hey Wallz,
    I was wondering where you bought your "Superduty" windshield at? I have been getting the runaround from the local glass installer and he is saying the the super duty glass is $450 for just the glass. I asked him what brand and he said ppg or LOF. Any suggestions? Thanks! Kyle