Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > ArdWrknTrk
Reload this Page >

Conversation Between ArdWrknTrk and Gary Lewis

Notices
Conversation Between ArdWrknTrk and Gary Lewis
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 117
  1. ArdWrknTrk
    03-06-2015 05:33 AM - permalink
    Okay, your EVTM is calling it Connector 202.
    In my truck BK/PK and BK/LB are jumpered on the 'load' side of that connector, right down by the seatbelt mechanism.
    A single wire goes up inside the B-pillar to the light.

This is what you get with a "Custom" truck.

How does that harness connect to the lights?
  2. Gary Lewis
    03-05-2015 10:37 PM - permalink
    Interesting. Mine has three wires, as shown below. LG/Y is always hot and is used for the map lights. BK/PK is switched by the headlight switch and serves the cargo light and the dome light. And BK/LB is switched by the door switches and serves the dome light only.

3. ArdWrknTrk
    03-05-2015 07:34 PM - permalink
    I see that I have only one wire coming up from the C208 plug at the base of my B pillar.
    Still trying to figure this all out.
  4. ArdWrknTrk
    02-11-2015 05:58 AM - permalink
    IDK
    I don't have a map light, and the last time I saw any of that wiring I had the ceiling out.
    I wasn't really concerned with any wires.
  5. Gary Lewis
    02-10-2015 11:30 PM - permalink
    I have the harness that connects to the standard cab harness, and I think there is constant power in it as the map lights work at any time. Don't they?
  6. ArdWrknTrk
    02-10-2015 09:22 PM - permalink
    Thank you for the Rep's Gary!

I'm still trying to sort out what I'm going to do about my cargo lights.
    I think I need a harness from the bottom of the B pillar, or find another source of constant power.
    I looked at a 'ought era dome/map light, but all the brass is imbedded in the moulded plastic and it has a three pin connector. (like a 5mm OC header)
  7. ArdWrknTrk
    01-30-2015 10:14 PM - permalink
    Thanks Gary!
    I think the cab ceiling holes and everything are in the same place.
    Just want to check, and make sure I'm not better off with an OBS or Taurus interior light.
    I;ve never done anything to my interior except replace the headliner and add a radio.
  8. Gary Lewis
    01-30-2015 07:38 PM - permalink
    I can do it tomorrow, Jim. And, I can make you are really good deal on a a set - free.
  9. ArdWrknTrk
    01-30-2015 07:03 PM - permalink
    Gary, if you have time can you send me picture of what a dome/map light from a bullnose truck looks like (front and back)
    I'm still trying to figure out a simple way to control my cargo lights.
  10. Gary Lewis
    01-06-2015 10:07 PM - permalink
    Thanks for the reps. But, it wasn't that hard once I got the true dimensions.

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.