Conversation Between AbandonedBronco and Brad_81Ford
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2
  1. Brad_81Ford
    04-24-2012 08:11 PM - permalink
    AbandonedBronco,

Hello, I'm in the processes of rebuilding my engine. It's a 1981 F100 with, of course, the inline six. I plan on running an Edelbrock 500, Offenhauser DP, a mild camshaft, bored .030 over, and the dual exhaust manifolds from an EFI truck. My questions involve keeping the emissions equipment on the truck. I've tried to read up on how to plumb the AIR pump and the EGR, but it all gets lost on me. Do you have an pictures or diagrams of how it would look? The engine is at the machine shop, but I have the carbeurtor, intake, EGR (from a Foxbody Mustang), and exhaust.

I also purchased one of those coolant heating plates. Where would I get the coolant lines from? Those two running to the heater core? I hope you can get back to me.

Thanks.
  2. Brad_81Ford
    01-09-2012 07:22 PM - permalink
    Hi AbandonedBronco,
    I have an '81 F100 with the inline six, SROD, and 3.55 gears in the back. It's pending a rebuild; Offenhauser DP Intake, EFI duals, Isky 256 cam, and a P&P. According to your thread on carbs, I should go with an Holley 600 over a Holley 390. I will be running stock wheel size, and was wondering what type of experience I should expect from this build. Thanks!