Conversation Between 4inchlovin and summitdog
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2
  1. 4inchlovin
    05-06-2013 02:22 AM - permalink
    Hey Scotty,

It worries me that you are having turbo issues and that you are running a K&N cold air intake... What is wrong with the turbo? The reason that I ask and why i am worried is because K&N's are great on gas motors but fall short on our diesels. My motor was 'dusted' because the previous owner ran a k and n. As for shops i would recommend there arent any. All of them are rip offs and dont know enough about diesels. Fortunately for you we have about 15 members on FTE that live in the tri county area that love helping eachother out. We actually do Tech Days at our buddy Andy's house where we all get together and work on our trucks and HELP EACH OTHER haha. Read through this thread it will give you an idea of what goes on haha.
    https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...pril-20th.html Let me know what is going on with your truck and we will help you figure it out. And it wont cost you anything hahaha (less parts lol)
  2. summitdog
    05-04-2013 08:21 PM - permalink
    Nolan,

I am not only new to the FTE but also to the world of the Ford 7.3L Diesel. I have been taking my truck to Raineri Automotive in San Jose but now the turbo in my early 99 F350, lb, cc, 7.3l seems to be having issues. The truck was modified by the previous owner (12" lift, aftermarket chip, K&N cold air intake) and Raineri clearly does not feel comfortable going with anything other than the OEM turbo.

Do you have a recommended service center for turbo work? I am not looking to race the truck but with the chip and the John Woods tranny, I imagine the system could accept a modified turbo without too many problems.

Thanks,
    Scotty