Conversation Between Behemoth and heyitsjustus

Notices
Conversation Between Behemoth and heyitsjustus
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 3 of 3
  1. heyitsjustus
    11-29-2014 12:24 PM - permalink
    Thanks! that worked out just fine
  2. 11-29-2014 12:54 AM - permalink
    Well, the dash bezel takes a couple steps to remove.....first, remove the headlight switch plunger. After you disconnect the battery (you don't want to be shocked), you reach under the dash and find the headlight switch......on the top of the switch assembly there will be a small button that has spring tension on it. You will have to push that button down as you pull the headlight switch knob out. It may take a couple tries, but the switch knob shaft will come out of the switch assembly. Next, to remove the wiper knob. That requires a small screwdriver to depress the spring metal in the notch on the back of the knob. As you depress the spring metal, the knob should pull off. Now, you can pull off the heater control knobs......they may be stiff, but they just slide off their respective arms. The radio is simple.........just pull off the knobs, and remove the retaining nuts. After that, you should be able to remove all retaining screws for the bezel, and it should come off pretty easily.
  3. heyitsjustus
    11-28-2014 11:24 PM - permalink
    Hey, I'm a new user, (and a pretty young kid), and i just got my first truck. It it a 79 F150 custom with a short bed, But i have a lot of work to do for it. I am currently removing the dash pad (because it is faded and cracked) but i need a little help.

I know that i have to take off the gauges and glove box but for the love of God I can't get off this plastic front dash piece.

I have the original radio and heater. Any help would be appreciated. Thank You.

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.