Conversation Between strokin'_tatsch and 302flareside1992
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 9 of 9
  1. strokin'_tatsch
    07-06-2010 05:01 PM - permalink
    the MAF conversion is pretty easy, it's just taking out the wiring harness and doing it... Make sure you do get a roller cam... you could always go with a kit from someone like TrickFlow or something so you get heads, cam, intake, and all that good stuff.
  2. 302flareside1992
    07-02-2010 11:27 PM - permalink
    i have been gather parts to do the MAF conversion for a couple weeks now.
    but i posted the wrong cam the one i want is the same specs and all but roller cam
    and i have been thinkin about super charging or turbocharging the truck but if i can make about 350 rwhp i dont see the need to
    and there is no low end work besides it being bored out. it might have slightly higher compression than it did at stock but i dont know for sure. i had some one else deal with the guy who rebuilt and bored out my engine and rebuilt my heads.
  3. strokin'_tatsch
    07-02-2010 01:30 PM - permalink
    Oh and one more thing before i forget... IF you do end up putting a cam and stuff in that engine then it needs to be converted to Mass Air Flow instead of speed density. i did my MAF conversion on mine, but have yet to prove it works correctly. If you don't want to switch to MAF then there are very few cams that will work for you without confusing the computer. i think anything more than 110-112* LSA would confuse it IIRC.
  4. strokin'_tatsch
    07-02-2010 01:26 PM - permalink
    You do know that the cam you linked me to is flat tappet correct? i wouldn't run a flat tappet in it if your wanting to drive this truck a lot. How much power are you really wanting to make and how much other work do you plan to do to the engine other than the heads/cam? any bottom end work? higher compression? supercharger/turbo? these are all things that need concideration before choosing a cam or heads. Personally i would just throw on some GT40P heads, and a lighter hydraulic roller cam like this one... COMP Cams 35-351-8 - COMP Cams Xtreme Energy Camshafts - Overview - SummitRacing.com
  5. 302flareside1992
    07-02-2010 11:08 AM - permalink
    yeah i have been thinkin i should advance the timing a little bit. but yeah the stock heads are killin me. im lookin at getting these from summit Racing Head Service 35016 - RHS Pro Action Small Block Ford Cylinder Heads - Overview - SummitRacing.com
    and this cam from there
    COMP Cams CL31-226-3 - COMP Cams Magnum Hydraulic Cam and Lifter Kits - Overview - SummitRacing.com
  6. strokin'_tatsch
    07-01-2010 09:33 PM - permalink
    you have stock heads? I have a B303 cam, full roller engine, 1.72:1 roller rockers, and all that fun stuff. with the stock heads and intake i'm sure thats probably about all you got. you might have a might bit more if you advance the timing a little bit
  7. 302flareside1992
    07-01-2010 07:52 PM - permalink
    I dont have my heads ported or anything but the system is fully rollerized, but i have the 70mm tb to and i think im only makin 200. i wanna make alot more but i gotta save some money for a new cam and heads
  8. strokin'_tatsch
    06-28-2010 03:41 PM - permalink
    I'm not sure what kind of power it will make yet. i haven't even gotten it running yet to find out. I do have higher compression pistons and a little taken off the heads which should total to around 9.5:1 or a little more. Ported GT40P heads, cryo'd rods, ARP rod bolts, ARP head bolts, port matched upper/lower typhoon, 70mm TB, etc. i'm hoping for around 350hp on fuel only with it, but idk if i will make it or not.
  9. 302flareside1992
    06-28-2010 03:30 PM - permalink
    hey what are you runnin on your 5.0 motor. it looks very similar to mine except im running a mustang HO intake on top. what kind of power are you makin with your set up?