Conversation Between nnero and MCDavis
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 3 of 3
  1. MCDavis
    01-11-2011 12:23 PM - permalink
    Hey no worries. Mine took some final adjustment also. Appeared that we didn't get the rails straight at first so I was having issues with the cover having wrinkles in it. As for the seal, if you spend much time driving in the rain or on dusty roads, you're going to want to have it. To each his own though. Glad it's working out for ya!
  2. MCDavis
    12-28-2010 06:07 PM - permalink
    I forgot to confirm your assumptions. YES the bows are integrated to and roll up with the cover. This is a feature that was highly important to me.
  3. MCDavis
    12-28-2010 06:05 PM - permalink
    Hey. For what the TruXport costs, it's well worth the money in my eyes. It's taken a pretty good beating so far from dust, snow, massive rains and has come out flawless. The only downside I've seen thus far is that once it's rolled up, it is only secured by two velcro pieces. The more expensive models have a buckle closure. Is this a problem? No. But I wonder why they skimped here.
    It BARELY leaks. I've been to the auto wash sprayer twice recently to remove road salt and grime, and with the high pressure wand, there is only a slight (less than a cup's worth) of water that enters the bed. This usually happens at the corners and the top of the tailgate.
    I would recommend getting the tailgate seal (rubber gasket) if you have not already. It will help keep the dust and water from getting into the bed once it's closed. I use my bed as a trunk really, and I'm glad that $30 seal is there.
    You'll be happy with your purchase!