Conversation Between 1966Tbird and stpmotorsports
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 4 of 4
  1. 1966Tbird
    02-20-2009 10:09 PM - permalink
    and i know the feeling i build race motors on the side and have a bunch of parts sitting around and i got pissed one day because the fuel injector wires got wet and stopped working like the truck wouldn't run at all so i got out the wire cutters and cut everything out and put on a carbed intake i had sitting around

be sure to use -an lines because the pump is 40psi non regulated and that would blow apart cheap lines

if you have an aod you have to buy a tv line pressure adaptor thingie that bolts to the carb and weld up a bracket for the tv line and the throttle cable i couldn't find an aftermarket one for less than like $150

and the two white wires that go to the stock dissy will be hot when the ignition is on, thery are actually the same wire lol

if you have any questions just send me an PM i don't really do email or ever check my email
  2. 1966Tbird
    02-20-2009 10:08 PM - permalink
    switch is located above the HUGE plug on the firewall by your feet on the drivers side just run a hot switched wire into that use the pink one not the brown one so you keep the inertia switch. you have to pull the bed off to get to the fuel tank to plumb the return line but it's like 6 bolts and a plug it's not too bad.
  3. 1966Tbird
    02-20-2009 10:07 PM - permalink
    alright yeah what you do is get yourself a carbed intake and a carb i wouldn't get an HEI dissy because you need an offset aircleaner to clear it on a smallblock ford. i didn't really modify the fuel system too much i used a bypass regulator and plumed a -6an line to a 3/8ths hard line and -6 line and then to the tank for the return line the stock one isn't big enough not sure if you have duel tanks or not but i wouldn't know how to make them work just regluate the pressure down to 6psi or so and your good, if you want i can give you the numbers for the fittings to go to 3/8ths hard line and then to go to the return line on the tank from -6an and form the filter to your regulator. you have to put the fuel pump on a switch, the inertia
  4. stpmotorsports
    02-18-2009 03:51 PM - permalink
    Hi, I was wondering if you could post or send me some more info on swapping to a carb. I have an 88 f250 4x4 ext.cab w/ 351w and 5 speed. I am sick of messing with this jacked up EFI. I want my truck to be dependable again as we use to pull our racecar 100+ miles on Sat. nights.
    So, if I just eliminate the selector valve and high-pressure pump, it will run ok on just that lift pump in the tank? I know a little about the bypass system, as that is what we run on our racecar (although its a chevy on alcohol). I would really like to use an HEI dist. as I am a huge fan of simplicity.
    I am an auto mechanic on the side, so I am not dumb, but I am afraid of tearing all of the injection off and running into parts and problems that I was not aware of.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Btw, my email is stp7927@yahoo.com
    Thanks, Dereki