Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums - Conversation Between BURNSTOUGHFORD and FordAllTheWay!

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > BURNSTOUGHFORD
Reload this Page >

Conversation Between BURNSTOUGHFORD and FordAllTheWay!

Notices
Conversation Between BURNSTOUGHFORD and FordAllTheWay!
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2
  1. BURNSTOUGHFORD
    02-13-2013 07:40 AM - permalink
    The 3.5l Engine from a F-150 is longitudinal. So it wouldnt be an issue at all as far as directions.

You would need the complete drive train. Engine/transmission. The engine/transmission wiring harness and ECU's. You will have to make custom engine mounts and trans mounts.
    Your drive shaft will have to be custom built. You will need to upgrade your rear end for all the extra power. Your cooling system would need to be upgraded to be able to handle the extra heat from the engine.

It would be a complete custom job to mount one in.
  2. FordAllTheWay!
    02-11-2013 06:40 PM - permalink
    Hey I posted on a thread about someone wanting to put the 3.5l Ecoboost into a Ranger and I had a question about something it would entail. What would have to be done in order to mount a transverse engine to a frame that was made for a longitudinal engine?

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.