Conversation Between MAKO314 and firemansmith
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 5 of 5
  1. MAKO314
    06-08-2009 08:05 PM - permalink
    look on the valve cover plate, it should tell the production date. yeah ebay is a great place to buy parts for these oil burners. you will save yourself lots of cash!
  2. firemansmith
    06-07-2009 12:53 PM - permalink
    Ashley,
    Thanks for the advise about shopping ebay for parts. I found at least 20 for sale. I have been reading about the manufacture date of the engine and how that matters as to things that ford put in the motor and left out. I do have the '03 which was their first attemp at the 6.0. Do you know where the date for the engine is located. I hear it is not the same as the truck manufacture date. Thanks, Clint
  3. MAKO314
    06-04-2009 04:45 PM - permalink
    the part is a injection control sensor, it's considered a dealer only part but you can score them pretty cheap on ebay if you have the time to wait on it. that sensor is expensive so if you can afford the down time I'd try for ebay first! it's a breeze to change once you get it, it's on the inboard side of the driverside cylinder head toward the front of the engine. "on a 7.3" the 6.0 is a little differant. let me know if you need anymore help, Ashley
  4. firemansmith
    06-03-2009 09:21 PM - permalink
    mako314,
    I have a question for you. The truck has been running rough and surging. I had the problem codes pulled and it showed p2285. This is the ICP sensor but they didn't have the sensor. (Autozone) I can't find the part on the diesel part websites. Can you tell me where to get the part # and the part itself. Thanks in advance for you assistance. fire
  5. MAKO314
    05-29-2009 07:25 PM - permalink
    hello firemansmith, I'd like to welcome you to the NC chapter of FTE. I always like to see fans of the powerstroke join. anyhow I to am a diesel owner,driver and tech so if you have any question hit me up. I've approved you request for membership and hope to see and hear from you in the forum. I posted a thread about a get together swing by and voice your opinion. Mako314