Conversation Between gearhead351 and Newcomer
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 4 of 4
  1. gearhead351
    04-12-2010 08:23 PM - permalink
    yes the equal drop down in front and in back gets you very close. But I FORGOT when I did mine that the bolt hole in the front stock hanger is an inch or so lower. so 4" drop in front, then distance from frame to the bolt hole in the frame minus the front drop, thats how long your shackle needs to be. If you use the front shackle it is going to be too long, I think it is 5" +. So your caster is gonna lean way back without shims if you use those.

I actually ran mine for over a year and a half. I jumper the truck many times at a tough truck event and they held up. But I cut off the factory hanger and moved it forward for a better shackle angle. SO I just built new shackles.

As for the shackle flip, I dont remember the exact dimensions, but I will say, just get a stock rear front hanger, and a stock shackle. EASY lift. I should have instead of doing it that way. Way less hassle in my opinion.
  2. Newcomer
    04-12-2010 07:06 PM - permalink
    Matt,
    Thanks for the response, I read the thread a few times and it all seemed pretty simple, I did not find any exact dimensions though. There were a few photobucket photos that are no longer visible, they may have had the dimensions in them. Anyway, I have gone ahead and built the front hanger already and I used your 4" down theory, I believe it will work fine. I was going to reuse the front shackles at the back of the front springs. Did yours end up failing or did you make new ones just because? Lastly, I am going to build the rear shackle flip soon and was wondering what you used for dimensions on it. Thanks.
  3. gearhead351
    04-07-2010 05:43 PM - permalink
    o wow sorry, I didnt know I got a message from you about the shackle reversal. Yes I did do a whole build on it, with dimensions. I did build new shackles out of 3/8"s plate and .120 wall tubing. Here is the link. If you have any questions let me know!

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/8...-reversal.html
  4. Newcomer
    02-16-2010 08:42 PM - permalink
    Matt,

I just came across the thread you posted about the shackle reversal and shackle flip that you did on your F350. I have the same truck and am wanting to do the same mod. I am also a fabricator by trade so I can easily build the components for the project at my work. I was wondering if you ever posted up the dimensions of the pieces you made. Eye to eye on the hangers? Width of the sides of the front hangers? Did you ever make shackles for the rear of the front springs or are you still running the old front ones? I have a few more questions if you have time to answer them. Thanks -Nick