Conversation Between truckdog62563 and Forty9 F6
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 3 of 3
  1. truckdog62563
    07-27-2016 11:14 PM - permalink
    Tom - I remember another set of available 19.5s. They are Budd 72070s that are an older design, narrower at 5.25" wide, but still correct for an 8" tire. And they look just like 89340s. They are in as found condition, and located in Colorado. I don't know prices, but you can contact Doug, FTE name opkomdalen, about them. Stu
  2. truckdog62563
    07-27-2016 09:19 PM - permalink
    Hi Tom. I have one set of 89340s. Never mentioned on the forum, but have thought about selling. They've been blasted and powdered gloss black. Four have used bias traction 8-19.5s, and the other two have no tires. I have NOS bias 8-19.5s for them. I'd sell the wheels for $150 each, or $200 each with tires.

Some say don't use old tires. It doesn't bother me but be aware. The four traction tires came off a fire truck around Indy. No cracks and good tread. They're on my project indoors with no UV exposure. The NOS road treads are on a shelf.

I have several sets of wheels and tires for my trucks. I bought a new set of 18" traction tires this past spring to go on a set of 18" Budds I've found. I have no reason to hang onto the 19.5s if I'm going this other direction.

I only have one truck with plates. That is a vintage vanity - RANGER. It's not road worthy, but I snatched the plate while I could. If you want to discuss my phone is (217)741-0540. Stu
  3. Forty9 F6
    07-27-2016 07:41 PM - permalink
    Hey Stu, While never having talked with you I have read MANY posts of yours and learned a bunch. I recently bought a '49 F6 with WM wheels. I've been eyeing solutions to replace them while still trying to stay economical. I looked at buying new 19.5 x 6 wheels from Wheels Now Inc (WN89340J). They quoted me about $200 each. I'd most likely drive up to Milwaukee and pick them up. I'm just looking at having piece of mind while driving around. My plan is to keep it mostly original, so putting new wheels on does not appeal to me as much as finding suitable replacements. Can you offer any insight or possibly help out with a contact that may have a set (6) available?

By the way, I live in Yorkville, IL which is north of you. How have you registered your trucks with the SOS? Do you get antique plates of get the correct truck plates?

Thanks for all the knowledge!!!! -Tom