Conversation Between LARIAT 85 and FrankOXO
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2
  1. LARIAT 85
    09-16-2016 11:01 AM - permalink
    YES, being a 1985 model with the 300/4.9 engine, your truck most definitely had the feedback carburetor/EEC-IV engine computer. This was a very good system, but many people removed the "computer and emissions junk" in an attempt to make the truck run "better." Of course, the opposite happens, and then it won't pass smog requirements with the missing components. The only way to know what you have is to make a new post with PICTURES of your engine bay. Take a picture of the engine as it is, then take one with the air cleaner removed to show the carburetor. Take pictures of both sides of the carburetor, the distributor, and any loose wires or vacuum hoses. If all of the correct components are not there, the EEC computer will never function correctly. Including myself, there are lots of people here who will help you.
  2. FrankOXO
    09-15-2016 08:00 PM - permalink
    Lariat 85; I have seen a number of post concern my issue. I purchased an 85 F150, 6cyl, single carb, 4X4 and 4 speed manual. I am unable to pass MD. state emissions, twice. This project is very challenging and need help. Does my truck have an "electronic carburetor"? Where can I learn about EEC system? Thanks.