Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums - Conversation Between Michigan Rick and sdetweil

Conversation Between Michigan Rick and sdetweil
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 8 of 8
  1. sdetweil
    04-18-2011 10:06 PM - permalink
    sdetweil
    There isn't enough room on the ford truck frame the raise it anymore. See my pics in John niolon's article. If the merc is a car, I can't imagine that you have too much more vertical room either.
  2. Michigan Rick
    04-18-2011 09:40 PM - permalink
    Michigan Rick
    appreciate the info.....I bought a 56 Merc and gave it to my son. He's a body man and it needs it. But the Volare is bolted to the bottom of the frame. The frame is really junk but for just time involved and for free we were going to graft the clip on like everyone else does. How about raising the clip higher into the frame rails and forgeting the dropped spindles?
  3. sdetweil
    04-18-2011 12:25 AM - permalink
    sdetweil
    Camber is not adjustable by the install angle.
    Caster is suppose to be 1 to 3 degrees backward lean.
    and you need to get the angle right for the anti dive design when you step on the brakes. raising the front end of the clip more than currently designed really isn't helpful. Lowering is also a problem (my red truck problem)

Sam
  4. Michigan Rick
    04-17-2011 10:23 PM - permalink
    Michigan Rick
    I just wondered if grinding angle in frame rails for Volare if it was done at a different angle if that helped with camber/caster issues once welded in and finished?
  5. sdetweil
    04-14-2011 10:02 PM - permalink
    sdetweil
    The same template as of old. This is all old stuff, nothing has changed

Sam
  6. Michigan Rick
    04-14-2011 09:39 PM - permalink
    Michigan Rick
    sd.............you said something about caster/camber....I just wondered from your experience if the angle cut in frame rails for Volare should be different than what was done in the video or patterns from the 80's?
  7. sdetweil
    04-04-2011 11:46 PM - permalink
    sdetweil
    sorry, don't quite understand. on my red truck they did not use the templates like they should have.

Sam
  8. Michigan Rick
    04-04-2011 11:19 PM - permalink
    Michigan Rick
    Question about the Volare.....if your templates are straight which makes the frontend at a wrong pitch....what's the fix?