Conversation Between Kwikkordead and Rose Clifford
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 3 of 3
  1. Rose Clifford
    12-01-2013 05:00 PM - permalink
    Dan,
    I had my TDI dash light up today while making a short trip to the groc. store.
    2011 Jetta TDI
    53,962 miles

Traction control light came on, ABS light came on, Airbag light came on, then shortly after the TPMS light came on and began blinking.

Running normal, any ideas? No codes came up with my OBDII scanner. No access to a VAG COM cable
  2. Rose Clifford
    08-25-2011 11:20 AM - permalink
    Dan,
    So I've come to a point in my car buying process where I am seriously considering buying a used TDI. I'm pretty set on going with a manual tranny because they generally are cheaper to own. I am wondering what year motors I should be aware of, and what year models as well.
    More importantly though, is my curiousity about the timing belt and oil pump. I've read that the belt/chain driven systems need regular serivce in these vehicles, so I am wondering if there is a way to eliminate this such as a gear drive replacement. How much does this cost to do, and what do you think about it? I'm looking for ways to keep my costs as low as possible, and I know German cars can be expensive to own, so I want to combat some of these issues.

Thanks,
    John
  3. Rose Clifford
    08-12-2011 12:32 PM - permalink
    Dan, I've been pointed in your direction. I'm looking at getting a new TDI.
    https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...-diesel-2.html