Conversation Between HOTWRENCH and roudabush
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 1 of 1
  1. roudabush
    02-10-2011 01:45 PM - permalink
    Sir,thanks for your reply@85ford 370 gas engine,Im a chevy man and can make a 350 run good w/my eyes shut .this ford is not that easy.The engine on this has been canniblized and Im trying to get it back.The carb was gone,air pumps are not plumbed in .I put a600 cfm holley on it w/62 prim jet 6.5 power valve,plugs,wires,coil,ignition mod,dist pickup to get it runnin.It will run good when its cold w/coil wire barely touchin cap.Put the wire all the way on and it will backfire flame when you try to rev 3 feet tall (watch your face)Pull off coil wire barely touching and it will run decent again.I thought maybe carb prob ,checked and tried everything w/it,cant find nothin.Thought got to be ignition.Replaced the whole system,still have problem.Could fuel pressure be to high?gonna check that,could it be an egr prob?Firin order is 15426378 best i can tell.ITs got everything to run right I just dont get this thing.Must be something really simple Im not seeing.Can you point me the right way?