Reload this Page >

Conversation Between BrianA and adctcd

Notices
Conversation Between BrianA and adctcd
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2
  1. BrianA
    07-01-2009 01:01 AM - permalink
    Ben, NO problem man! Hope I can help.

I had a similar thing happen on my 2000 model when I went to change plugs and wires. The lengths of wires just didn't seem to match what came off. All I did was swap them around to get the "best fit" and it worked fine. Just eyeball it and select the longest wires for the pulgs furthest from the coil pack and go from there. You might have to use a slightly different routing than factory. I did, and like I said, didn't matter. Everything worked fine.

Feel free to ask if you have more questions, or better yet, post in the 4.2 forum and we'll try to help.

Thanks!
    Brian
  2. adctcd
    06-30-2009 08:24 PM - permalink
    Hey Brian... My name is Ben. Today I took on a supposedly easy project but of course it was epic failure. Would you mind helping me out? I don't have much experience so pardon if i don't know what's going on... I went to change plugs and wires today on my 97 4.2L... When I got to the last one the wire i pulled was the longest but I only had the shortest new one left... I've no idea what order/length they need to be in... I don't have a book yet, but will be getting one soon as this is done. Any help appreciated. Thank you.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.