Conversation Between TallPaul and Broomfieldbum
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2
  1. TallPaul
    08-13-2009 10:49 AM - permalink
    Wow, I am not on this site much and didn't realize there was a message for me. If fact I basically stumbled across this by accident. Anyhow, a '66 would be sweet. I had a '77 and it had some problems with carbon deposits on the valves and rocker stud nuts backing off, somewhere in the late 70s as I recall the engine manual states that they modded the rocker studs, presumably to fix that. My ideal would be the Fuel Injected mid 90s 300 engine, in a '60 F150. I use first gear all the time, except going around corners can stay in second. I have 3.08 rear end and the typical Mazda 5 speeed. Think 1st gear is like 3.70 would hve to check though.
  2. Broomfieldbum
    07-23-2009 10:40 PM - permalink
    Hey I am wondering if you still have your 95, and if you can tell me something about it. I am looking at buying a 66 with a 300 I-6. I have a high geared 3rd member for it, and was wondering if you use 1st gear with your high rear end? I am thinking even if the rear is technically still a little tall, but the 66 has a granny gear which might make it functional until I can find a 5 speed. Please let me know what you think.