Conversation Between Toreador_Diesel and C9stang
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 4 of 4
  1. Toreador_Diesel
    04-08-2015 09:39 AM - permalink
    I used an F350 sway bar, yeah, the hellwig installs better and easier, but I got mine for the cost of shipping.
  2. C9stang
    04-08-2015 07:35 AM - permalink
    Thanks. Thats good to know. I will check into the rear swaybar. What brand did you use Hellwig?
  3. Toreador_Diesel
    04-08-2015 07:18 AM - permalink
    Howdy Karl, there is absolutely no need to worry about towing with the lift. I've towed many a heavy load behind my '01 Excursion and never had a problem with tires wearing funny. Ive kept my BFG All-terrains regularly rotated and balanced and they always give me 60-65K before needing to be replaced. I haven't had a problem with the truck wandering, eating tires, or handling differently becuase I used the factory mags instead of aftermarket rims.

The one other thing I'd recommend is that you get a rear sway bar for your truck. Mine didn't come with one and as soon as I installed one, the handling was night and day different. WAY better than before.
  4. C9stang
    04-07-2015 11:15 PM - permalink
    I know you did the 6" pro comp lift on your excursion. I'm thinking about doing it on my 2002 2wd Ford F-250. I'm going to be towing a 32' enclosed trailor. Do you have any problems towing with the lift and the 35" tires on stock rims? I love the look of the wheel tire combo but I am concerned about towing. Thanks. This is my daily driver and tow vehicle. Thanks, Karl