Conversation Between Tom and Gary Lewis
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 3 of 3
  1. Gary Lewis
    01-07-2017 07:35 PM - permalink
    Yes, it is awesome. I keep pinching myself thinking it is a dream. But, the best part of it is that he has the NOS trim I need for Dad's truck. I got basically the last two bedside pieces in captivity, and quickly learned why they'd been passed over for years. My paint & body man thinks he can gently bend them back, but they'll never be "right". And, since Dad's truck is going to be one of the best 81's anywhere, it really needs perfect trim.

Vernon/nonrev said he was going to sell the truck a few months ago and gave the links to the pics. When I found that trim I was beside myself and basically begged him to sell it to me. But, he wouldn't part with it for love nor money as he wanted to keep everything with the truck in order to sell the truck. Unfortunately, something has happened so he finally offered it on the forum and I was the first to say I'd be there. I've pushed, hard, to get ready for the trip, and am on the final leg as we leave on Tuesday.
  2. Gary Lewis
    06-16-2016 09:45 PM - permalink
    Thanks for the reps! I'd forgotten about that quote. (And, I have been busy with my granddaughter, so haven't looked at Control Panel in a while.)
  3. Gary Lewis
    05-03-2015 09:45 PM - permalink
    Thanks for the reps. (Sorry it took so long.) Just really hate it when someone makes all kinds of statements that don't add up and have no support. Makes FTE look like the other forums.