Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking to buy a 1995 F-250 7.3

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2010, 03:29 PM
Derrrrick
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking to buy a 1995 F-250 7.3

Hey all, well, after doing some talking with my mom we have decided that we are going to try to sell my truck and get something a little nicer. Currently I have a 1992 F-250 single cab with the 351 and a 5 speed manual.

I really want my next truck to be a diesel, I should have waited when I got my current truck but I was too excited. I jumped the gun.

Anyway, the other day I test drove a 1995 Ford F-250 with the 7.3 diesel and an automatic transmission.

This truck looks brand new! It is from California and doesn't have a spot of rust on the entire thing! It has 200,000 miles on it and everything works like it should.

While test driving it I was very impressed. It had a lot of power and drove very nicely. The only thing that bothered me is that the transmission seemed to shift kinda hard. Like it jerked. It didn't seem to be slipping when I got on the throttle, it just seemed to jerk. I don't know if this is normal with a diesel? I was thinking the high torque coming out of the engine would cause this but I may be wrong.

Other then the tranny jerking, the only real problem with the truck is the fact that the cruise control doesn't work but neither does the cruise control on my 1992.

Also, if anyone in the Iowa City area is looking for a truck, you could consider mine.

Is there anything I should be looking for when I look at this truck next time. I will try to get some pictures of it. The guy is asking $7,400 obo.

Thanks,

Derrick

Old 10-05-2010, 09:44 PM
DarrinGT
Senior User
Is the Overdrive Light Flashing, or does the light work at all? If it is shifting hard it may be in limp mode so there may be a problem Check it out.

This thread may be better in the Diesel Forum.

Old 10-05-2010, 11:08 PM
Derrrrick
Freshman User
Originally Posted by DarrinGT
Is the Overdrive Light Flashing, or does the light work at all? If it is shifting hard it may be in limp mode so there may be a problem Check it out.

This thread may be better in the Diesel Forum.
No the overdrive light wasn't flashing that I remember. Does this truck have the light on the shifter stick? Or is it a dash light? I will make sure to try and turn off the overdrive next time I drive it to see if works as it is supposed to.