6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Wipers come on everytime I start the truck...

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2015, 10:07 PM
JohnD333
Laughing Gas
Received 93 Likes on 69 Posts
Heck, when I bought my '08 King Ranch I could not believe it did not have rain sensing wipers; same with my job 1 2011 King Ranch. Was astounded when my 2015 Platinum also did not have them. But my '15 does have the occasional swipe on startup- sometimes I need it, but mostly not. Will check those battery connections - thanks!

Originally Posted by BlackNM6.0
Why don't the SDs have rain sensing wipers like I had on my '12 Expedition Limited?

Old 04-18-2015, 07:45 PM
Rick Cargo
More Turbo
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Thanks for the response Crystal. I don't think I want to leave my truck at the dealership while they search for a problem that is very intermittent right now. And charge me $100 an hour to only be told, "we couldn't duplicate the problem".

Old 04-20-2015, 12:44 PM
FordService
Official Ford Rep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Rick Cargo
Thanks for the response Crystal. I don't think I want to leave my truck at the dealership while they search for a problem that is very intermittent right now. And charge me $100 an hour to only be told, "we couldn't duplicate the problem".
I completely understand, Rick Cargo. Let me know if it starts happening more frequently; I'm always just a PM away if you need my assistance.

Crystal

Old 04-23-2015, 11:01 AM
JetExpress_6.7
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FordService
Hi, everyone!

Maybe your trucks are dabbling in meteorology and they're telling you a storm is coming? J/K! Seriously though, this is something your dealership would be happy to help with. Come back and share your results; I'll hang around this thread in case you need my assistance.

Crystal
NO they are not happy to help me with anything. Every time I walk in that place, they scowl and wonder what I've come to b**ch about now. Oh nothing, just want my product to work as intended...

First, sync steering wheel buttons that don't work - "could not duplicate problem," no fix. Same visit, they performed a "safety inspection." I drove it home, pulled the tire, lo and behold, front passenger brake is METAL TO METAL!! Some safety inspeciton...

Second - very nice and audible squeel coming from under the truck, fuel pump/filter area for all I can tell. Show up and wait forever for the diesel tech to just come take a listen. Can't do a full analysis cause I didn't make an appt. Walks out and says "oh change your fuel filters." Uh..ok. I'll try it out but not sure how that'll help.

I have death wobble and the same wiper problem too, do you think I'll mention that to them? No way. I'll have to make an appt, wait a week for that, let the truck sit with them another week, get a "could not duplicate" response (as Rick Cargo mentioned above), and drive it back home unsatisfied. No thanks, I'll fix it myself.

I'm tired of them not wanting to serve me like a true customer service would. I work in customer and product support and we bend over backwards to make sure our product survives and they are happy, even when it's well out of warranty. You know why, cause it keeps them coming back to buy again and again and again.

I'm not looking for pity or a response or even a solution at this point, just a place to vent. Sorry for the hijack!

Afterthought: I know not all dealerships are like this, but I have yet to find one. And sorry Crystal, I don't mean to attack you or demean you, I'm just frustrated.

Old 04-23-2015, 11:04 AM
wharrell
Tuned

Wiper Issue:

You will need to have the control stalk on the Steering Column replaced. A relatively quick job.

I had the issue fortunately under warranty and it was covered.

Old 04-23-2015, 11:36 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep
Originally Posted by JetExpress_6.7
...Afterthought: I know not all dealerships are like this, but I have yet to find one. And sorry Crystal, I don't mean to attack you or demean you, I'm just frustrated.
No problem, JetExpress_6.7; I understand your frustration. Do you need assistance finding an alternate dealership? You can enter your ZIP code here for some options: Ford Dealers | Locate a Ford Dealer Near You | Ford.com What's your truck's model year and mileage? I'll look for ways to help out as well.

Crystal

Old 04-23-2015, 12:11 PM
JetExpress_6.7
Senior User
Originally Posted by FordService
No problem, JetExpress_6.7; I understand your frustration. Do you need assistance finding an alternate dealership? You can enter your ZIP code here for some options: Ford Dealers | Locate a Ford Dealer Near You | Ford.com What's your truck's model year and mileage? I'll look for ways to help out as well.

Crystal
Thanks Crystal, I have looked at dealerships near me already though and none that are close enough to be convient are any different than my home-town dealer. I will try to call around again, but my faith is waning fast.

The truck is a 2014 F250 with just about 37500 miles on it. I wanted to get some things resolved before 36k, but couldn't. Like I said before, I don't mean to beg for a hand-out, just venting. I understand if nothing can be done, sometimes warranties have to be abided by, to the T.

Old 04-23-2015, 08:04 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 3,995 Likes on 1,600 Posts
Good evening Folks......

Just some thoughts...........

Sound, whistle, from fuel filter under the cab. Most likely the housing is not tight. Seems to be too common of a problem. It has to be tightened until it hits a stop.

Poor/incompetent service........Common.
I my opinion:
1) The diesel techs are rushed, if they take too much time, they don't get paid much. They are not allowed to take the time needed to do the job right.
2) Most techs do not really understand the systems they are working on. If the computer can not point to a part.....they are lost. What happened to troubleshooting based upon knowledge of the systems and logic???? For the most part, that ability does not exist any longer.
3) A truly competent tech can troubleshoot and correct intermittent problems without having to experience the problem!! Knowing how the system is constructed. Understanding how it works. Understanding the customers description, knowing how to get info out of the customer is also essential !! ...and this almost Never happens!! The customer has to talk with the Service Writer who knows nothing about your truck. This process ensures Failure !!!

These comments come from 20+ years in the Navy working on High Tech Advanced Electronics, Electrical, Hydraulic and Mechanical Systems. When the pilot reported xyz problem....we took that info and tried to duplicate it...If we could, Yipee, easy job.....troubleshoot to the component and replace the chip, part, wire or connector. If we could not duplicate the problem......logic and system knowledge enabled us to determine the most likely cause and replace that part.

Old 04-24-2015, 09:43 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep
Originally Posted by JetExpress_6.7
Thanks Crystal, I have looked at dealerships near me already though and none that are close enough to be convient are any different than my home-town dealer. I will try to call around again, but my faith is waning fast...
Let me loop in your regional customer service manager (CSM), JetExpress_6.7; they'll work with the dealership of your choice to get things turned around and restore your faith in the truck. PM me your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, current mileage, and preferred servicing dealership; I'll take it from there.

Crystal

Old 04-24-2015, 10:52 AM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 3,995 Likes on 1,600 Posts
Crystal is an excellent example of what Customer Service should be........

Old 04-27-2015, 02:59 PM
FordService
Official Ford Rep
Originally Posted by Sailor_Roy
Crystal is an excellent example of what Customer Service should be........
Thanks for the support, Roy; I appreciate it!

Crystal

Old 04-27-2015, 09:58 PM
JohnD333
Laughing Gas
Received 93 Likes on 69 Posts
I notice on my 2015, (sorry, I need to change my signature), that if I leave the door open for a long time (5 minutes) before closing the door and starting the truck, that the wipers are much more likely to do the one swipe upon startup.

2k miles on truck.

Battery terminals were on tight, and tightening just a bit did not help, not seem necessary. Next step remove and clean. Traveling now. Fyi, build date was January 15 and I bought March 28.

Old 04-27-2015, 10:47 PM
Rick Cargo
More Turbo
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Thank you Crystal for ALL your help!

Old 04-28-2015, 10:09 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep
Originally Posted by Rick Cargo
Thank you Crystal for ALL your help!
You're welcome, Rick Cargo! It's my pleasure to assist.

Crystal

Old 04-29-2015, 06:16 AM
OutlawII
Junior User
My 2013 does this once in awhile also

Quick Reply: Wipers come on everytime I start the truck...