Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel
Reload this Page >

Wipers come on everytime I start the truck...

Notices
6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wipers come on everytime I start the truck...

Old 09-23-2012, 12:47 PM
kper05
Post Fiend
kper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant future
Mine has not done this for a long time.
Do you guys' have all the latest and greatest flashes?
I'm thinking somewhere along the line with the many flashes I had for my transmission issues, this may have been resolved.

It certainly was an intermittent issue.
Worse when we had a cold winter here in early '11 and the wipers were frozen to the windshield.
Turn key to on...CRACK and one swipe.

Old 09-23-2012, 02:59 PM
Hdslider
Postmaster
Hdslider has a superb reputationHdslider has a superb reputationHdslider has a superb reputationHdslider has a superb reputationHdslider has a superb reputationHdslider has a superb reputationHdslider has a superb reputationHdslider has a superb reputationHdslider has a superb reputationHdslider has a superb reputationHdslider has a superb reputation
Mine is up to date on everything. Still no change.

Old 09-24-2012, 02:27 PM
Tombilliodeaux
New User
Tombilliodeaux is starting off with a positive reputation.
Solved my issue with new switch

Confirmed what i thought was the issue...the circuit has a capacitive sensor for the intermittent function as i cut the black wire (power) and added a wire and switch which does nothing to the function but does add capacitance to the circuit. Result is the intermittent functions do not work, but the low/high settings still do. that works for me. I can now operate the wipers when I WANT. They were starting to come on very regularly and never completely turn all the way off and go to the rest position.
Again, after changing the motor and switch, i had enough. Never had this issue with any other vehicle.

Old 09-24-2012, 05:24 PM
farmerdave
Senior User
farmerdave is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.farmerdave is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I am not running the latest(and greatest?) software.

Old 09-24-2012, 10:23 PM
Tombilliodeaux
New User
Tombilliodeaux is starting off with a positive reputation.
Solved my issue with new switch

Sorry if this is repeat, but don't see what i wrote previously.
I installed a separate on/off switch in the power lead to the windshield motor.
then i noticed that it caused the delay circuit to malfunction. This affirmed my assumption that the circuit is a logic type that is being affected by ground / capacitive changes which many have written about moisture issues which cause the same malfunctions. Simply adding a wire and switch should not have affected the circuit unless is changed the capacitance.
This is a defect in design and Ford will not acknowledge.
By installing this switch, i can now turn off the wiper motor and allow it to work when it is RAINING only. Mounted the switch in the plastic panel on dash on left side. Ran the wire thru a rubber round piece near the steering shaft.

Old 04-23-2014, 02:25 PM
jag5164
New User
jag5164 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Windshield wipers won't turn off while vehicle is running

I have a tech question regarding my 2011 F350 Superduty, Lariat package with the 6.7. I recently took it on a long road trip and while returning home my windshield wipers would come on intermittently. The wiper control was in the off position and nothing was changed in the system settings. I tried turning the courtesy mode off, but that didn't help. I even did a system default reset hoping that would help and again nothing. All updates seem to be current. My truck is 100% stock and I'm trying to avoid bringing it back to the dealer if possible. It's driving me nuts and very annoying. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Old 04-23-2014, 02:32 PM
SavageNFS
Post Fiend
SavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputation
Welcome to FTE and sorry for your troubles. Sounds like water got in somewhere, bad switch or other. I'd let the dealer sort that one out. Sort of disconnecting the batteries for 10 minutes and doing a reset (which it sounds like you have done), I have no other advice.

Old 04-30-2014, 10:25 AM
WABowHunter
Freshman User
WABowHunter is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have the same issue, and it's impossible to reproduce "on demand" while at the dealership as it's an intermittent problem. I have found no solution, but I hope someone comes up with one without having to rework wiring, etc.

Old 05-01-2014, 12:07 PM
smoky_diesel
Posting Guru
smoky_diesel is a splendid one to beholdsmoky_diesel is a splendid one to beholdsmoky_diesel is a splendid one to beholdsmoky_diesel is a splendid one to beholdsmoky_diesel is a splendid one to beholdsmoky_diesel is a splendid one to beholdsmoky_diesel is a splendid one to behold
I've had the wipers cycle once at startup a few times since my truck was new (~8 months). I figured I bumped the switch but I see that I'm not alone on this. I live in AZ which is very dry, so not sure it is a moisture issue.

Old 05-01-2014, 05:24 PM
displacement4me
Elder User
displacement4me is a name known to alldisplacement4me is a name known to alldisplacement4me is a name known to alldisplacement4me is a name known to alldisplacement4me is a name known to alldisplacement4me is a name known to all
I will throw this out there to see if it helps or relates to anyone. I've had them single sweep on startup maybe three times over the past year, and it was over the winter.

At the beginning of April I had to get a little bit of body work done and they disconnected the batteries. Somehow, I made it home (8hr trip) with several start and stops between. My truck sat for eight days without moving. I tried to start it yesterday but no go. I started troubleshooting and almost every attempt and turning the key over the wipers would do a single sweep. I found 3 out of 4 battery terminals loose - tightened them up and turned the key. Truck fired up and no more sweep...

At time of issue my MiniMaxx was showing 11.8-12.1V. No idea what it was during the winter sweeps.

Awesome, right?? .......

Old 04-14-2015, 02:21 PM
walter white
Junior User
walter white is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by summet20 View Post
Ok I have this issue that I noticed on my new 2011. May sound weird but the wipers come on when I start the truck everytime. Not sure if this is normal but I thought maybe I was bumping the lever thing but it does it anyway. I don't like that doing it cause of snow laying on the windsheild in the morning will be a pain. Anyone else having this issue or is this normal?? Thanks.
Howdy boys...first post here. Have a similar problem on my 2011 f250--wipers sometimes kick on when starting but today they swipe about every 15 seconds when in off position.
I got tired of it enough to look up the fuse number in owners manual and pull it but will need a fix. Any ideas? Thanks

Old 04-14-2015, 08:50 PM
Rick Cargo
Elder User
Rick Cargo is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Mine started doing this very same thing. Mines a Job 1 April 2010 build. I noticed this issue about a month ago while starting the truck. It has happened one more time since then.

Old 04-14-2015, 09:15 PM
NStorm
Elder User
NStorm has a good reputation on FTE.NStorm has a good reputation on FTE.
My brand new 2015 does it from time to time. $67k truck, with a nervous tick. LOL

Old 04-15-2015, 08:10 AM
BlackNM6.0
Senior User
BlackNM6.0 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I've had my '15 since June and, knock on wood, it has not done the wiper sweep thing on start up or randomly.

Why don't the SDs have rain sensing wipers like I had on my '12 Expedition Limited?

Old 04-15-2015, 09:33 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep
FordService has much to be proud ofFordService has much to be proud ofFordService has much to be proud ofFordService has much to be proud ofFordService has much to be proud ofFordService has much to be proud ofFordService has much to be proud ofFordService has much to be proud ofFordService has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by walter white View Post
...Have a similar problem on my 2011 f250--wipers sometimes kick on when starting but today they swipe about every 15 seconds when in off position...
Originally Posted by Rick Cargo View Post
Mine started doing this very same thing...
Originally Posted by NStorm View Post
My brand new 2015 does it from time to time...
Hi, everyone!

Maybe your trucks are dabbling in meteorology and they're telling you a storm is coming? J/K! Seriously though, this is something your dealership would be happy to help with. Come back and share your results; I'll hang around this thread in case you need my assistance.

Crystal

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Wipers come on everytime I start the truck...

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: