Australia Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: ChunderDownUnder

Aussie GTG - Shannons Wheels 27th March 2011. Grounds of Old Parliament Hse Canberra

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 01:23 PM
Nkelly
Farkall User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yer it gives you the ****s,ive had enough,gunna put me excavator up for sale,sick of chasing money.

Old 03-16-2011, 05:39 AM
SSSimon
Posting Guru
Mate, there's already laws that will make them pay. On to your solicitor, demand letter, day in court + costs. Usually they pay the day before the court case. A good solicitor will get the money out of 'em for a couple of hundred - usually it's cheaper for them to pay than go bankrupt. Currently they see you guys as cheap credit cause there's not much pain when they don't pay you. The law is your friend here, use it.
If you're really stuck for the dosh and will settle for a lesser amount, you can always do the dirty on them and sell the debt they owe you to a debt collector - they really know how to put the heat on. The trick here is to write to the developer and say on date XXX I'm selling this debt to professional debt collector YYY.
Usually they'd pay the day before...
Last trick is to invoice and give them at 10% discount if they pay by zzz (being 2 weeks after the job). A lot will pay early just to get the discount.

If anyone is bringing an excavator to the Shannon's GTG, let me know - I've got a spot of yard leveling to do, an hour's work, cash job...

Old 03-16-2011, 06:54 AM
SSSimon
Posting Guru
GTG display area map for Shannon's wheels 2011

The 'F Truck Club' is just of King Edward Terrance, east end.

Attached Images  
Old 03-16-2011, 01:30 PM
Nkelly
Farkall User

Originally Posted by SSSimon
Mate, there's already laws that will make them pay. On to your solicitor, demand letter, day in court + costs. Usually they pay the day before the court case. A good solicitor will get the money out of 'em for a couple of hundred - usually it's cheaper for them to pay than go bankrupt. Currently they see you guys as cheap credit cause there's not much pain when they don't pay you. The law is your friend here, use it.
If you're really stuck for the dosh and will settle for a lesser amount, you can always do the dirty on them and sell the debt they owe you to a debt collector - they really know how to put the heat on. The trick here is to write to the developer and say on date XXX I'm selling this debt to professional debt collector YYY.
Usually they'd pay the day before...
Last trick is to invoice and give them at 10% discount if they pay by zzz (being 2 weeks after the job). A lot will pay early just to get the discount.

If anyone is bringing an excavator to the Shannon's GTG, let me know - I've got a spot of yard leveling to do, an hour's work, cash job...
Its not the delelopers,its than consruction company im doing the work for who im subbying too,i had a meeting with them yesterday,they told me that nobody is paying them for the work they are doing (the developers) i told em thats not my problem and they have 2 weeks to pay me up or im gunna seek legal advice,trouble is they have plenty of work for me *bugger*... so we'll see what happens..

So i cant see meself and mick making canberra,and thats whats really pissing me off

Old 03-19-2011, 04:04 PM
ChunderDownUnder
Cargo Master

DUDE. havent been on for a while and just caught this. Jst put the screws on him Bryan, future work from this mob is no good if they dont pay. I feel for ya bruva.

Old 03-19-2011, 04:23 PM
ChunderDownUnder
Cargo Master

And Jeff
good to hear from ya m8. I dont know whats going on with ya messaging but you can go to your User CP (top left) scroll down to Settings and Options and then to Edit options. Check or uncheck the settings to suit ya needs. Hope it helps.

Old 03-20-2011, 04:14 AM
Nkelly
Farkall User

Originally Posted by ChunderDownUnder
DUDE. havent been on for a while and just caught this. Jst put the screws on him Bryan, future work from this mob is no good if they dont pay. I feel for ya bruva.
Farken so pissed off about no going to canberra,ive been waiting for this for sooo long now this **** happens unfarkenbelievable..

Old 03-20-2011, 07:02 AM
JeffDOZ
New User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry guys. Can't make it. I was just informed that we have a Australian F1 party thingy to go to which we had already paid for.

So we are out, but wish everyone a great day!

Old 03-20-2011, 05:06 PM
ChunderDownUnder
Cargo Master

o dear, we are dropping like flies.

Old 03-20-2011, 10:49 PM
RottenRon
Senior User
o dear, we are dropping like flies.

G'day all.

Well they haven't sprayed me with mortein yet, although I must admit, it's gunna be a near thing.

I've only got about 80 kms up on the old girl so far, and have a few bugs to sort out.

Found one wheel out of round, new ******* too. Shakes the crap out her at 100 clicks.

Just found out that both the tail shaft should have been balanced as a pair, so when I try her gain, I might have to take the front shaft in as well. Never stuffed about with two piece shafts before,,,, live and learn.

Supposedly 100 amp alternator, only pumps out 60 amps. Can't keep up with the dual thermos, air con, sound, lights, etc etc.
Stuck a new 120 amp job in and wiring it up now. Bit of a pain as it's slightly different. Also have to upgrade the wiring to the starter slightly, (unpick the loom,,, gggrrrr).

No hood lining and visors yet.

If I can get everything bar the lining and visors done, clock up a few more miles, and leave by Wednesday arvo, we'll be there.

Wish me luck.

Cheers, Ron.

Old 03-21-2011, 03:02 AM
ChunderDownUnder
Cargo Master

Looks like you have your work cut out for ya m8. Good luk hope to see ya down there.

On another note - 4 out of the 7 rooms I had set aside are spoken for. The motel will hold the other 3 until lunch time tomorrow. So if you want one get on to it.
The Statesman Hotel :: Welcome to the Statesman Hotel

Old 03-21-2011, 04:40 AM
RottenRon
Senior User
Bookings made

Looks like you have your work cut out for ya m8. Good luk hope to see ya down there.

On another note - 4 out of the 7 rooms I had set aside are spoken for. The motel will hold the other 3 until lunch time tomorrow. So if you want one get on to it.

All good Brian.

I've booked our room for Fri. Sat. and Sun.
We've given ourselves a couple of days to finish up, and to stay over on the way down. Let's hope I get the truck sorted,,lol.

Cheers, Ron.

Old 03-21-2011, 06:53 AM
Loaf4000
Freshman User
Hi Brian
I grabed a room 2 day sat/sun

cheers
Rod

Old 03-22-2011, 04:02 PM
RottenRon
Senior User

Bugger,,, the mortein got me.

I was on my way out yesterday, off to get that out of round wheel sorted, when the old girl just stopped.

Cranked and cranked, (foot flat, thought I'd flooded her), when she let out one almighty big bang.

Further investigation eventually found the dizzy not turning when cranking.

On to a mates tow truck. Parked her in the driveway in disgust.

This morning,,, well coffee time, then pull the dizzy. Keeping my fingers crossed it's just a pin through the distributor drive gear. Next option, stripped drive gear teeth on dizzy. Last, and the worst, stripped drive gear on the cam.

The last two will mean a strip and clean down, new bearings, with the last also requiring a cam.

I'm not impressed. I was hanging out to get down there, but I've run out of time. It's a big trip for us, about 14 hrs drive, and as the old girl has spat the dummy, I give up.

One consolation, it happened here before we left.

Wish me luck it's just a pin.

Sorry fellas. Next time.

Cheers, Ron.

Old 03-23-2011, 03:11 AM
ChunderDownUnder
Cargo Master

fingers and feet crossed for a pin Ron. Let us know how you go m8. I will catch up with one day

Quick Reply: Aussie GTG - Shannons Wheels 27th March 2011. Grounds of Old Parliament Hse Canberra