Camp and Canoe weekend
0%
Ford Truck Plant Tour (Dearborn)
50.00%
Car Show
0%
Sand Dunes
25.00%
Never mind the weekend, lets do the Hooters thing again..
50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Where do we want to go

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 11:44 AM
Snowbunny
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Obviously you guys don't have many female members if you are really considering a strip joint!! Geez!!

Old 09-23-2010, 11:46 AM
Broncoholic1
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Snowbunny
Obviously you guys don't have many female members if you are really considering a strip joint!! Geez!!

Old 09-23-2010, 11:46 AM
just another truck
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Broncoholic1
There are a couple good strip joints out side the Rouge plant on Michigan ave. I think they have great steaks IIRC been awhile since I was there.

I know the Rouge Plant inside out used to be a MRO vendor. back in the 90's. What a great place. Iron Ore comes in & a Ford Truck drives out the other end. When I was there it was the Mustang Plant. I sill have my badge, lol

I am kind of hoping families come to Ollie..the strip joint just might wear thin on the family image thing.. just a little..
\
As far as the Hooters, the closes one was Taylor

Old 09-23-2010, 12:02 PM
chris3421
Junior User
So set it up. Tour the truck plant, then hit hooters. Win win!

Old 09-23-2010, 12:30 PM
just another truck
Hotshot
As it stands right now..

If we have 15 people or more,
adult price is 13.50
Child 10.00
under 2 free

I am thinking Jan.. We are quickly approaching Hunting Season, -8 days and counting, realizing some may still be out there slinging arrows into late Dec, early Jan.

Thoughts,

Old 09-23-2010, 04:12 PM
SidecarFlip
Senior User
Received 30 Likes on 30 Posts
Thare are......

Just not on the south side of the plant. Unless you want to rub elbows with the Taliban.... I know of a couple good joints on Jefferson, south of the river.

Used to be the ore came in one end and Fords out the other until Fords sold the mill. Probably a good move. We (as a nation) are in a position of overcapacity right now.

Old 09-23-2010, 07:52 PM
FordBlueHeart
Logistics Pro
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I really like the idea of the plant tour. I have been thinking about doing this for a while too.
If you guys want to plan something in Traverse City, I suggest during Cherry Festival which encompasses July 4th week. Tons of family events, car shows, wine-tasting, scenery, if you know what I mean,
We could all cruise Front street for a couple laps, make everyone wonder what's up?

Old 09-23-2010, 09:44 PM
rangermike
Senior User
I dont personally know any of you guys but I think it would be sweet to go on the plant tour. I guess it would give me a chance to meet you guys and see something sweet!

Old 09-24-2010, 04:30 AM
SidecarFlip
Senior User
Originally Posted by just another truck
As it stands right now..

If we have 15 people or more,
adult price is 13.50
Child 10.00
under 2 free

I am thinking Jan.. We are quickly approaching Hunting Season, -8 days and counting, realizing some may still be out there slinging arrows into late Dec, early Jan.

Thoughts,
That all depends on which 'season' you refer too. For me, it's November 15th. I'm a bang bang person. Actually, I hunt predators year around here. It's open season 24/7/365.... If hunting is considered sitting on the back deck and looking through a Leupold 7.5 x 30 EFR Target scope.....

I like to be comfortable when I shoot.

Old 09-24-2010, 05:32 AM
just another truck
Hotshot
Originally Posted by SidecarFlip
Thare are......

Just not on the south side of the plant. Unless you want to rub elbows with the Taliban.... I know of a couple good joints on Jefferson, south of the river.

Used to be the ore came in one end and Fords out the other until Fords sold the mill. Probably a good move. We (as a nation) are in a position of overcapacity right now.
I think we should save this for a non family hunting event I'd like to meet some taliban

Originally Posted by FordBlueHeart
I really like the idea of the plant tour. I have been thinking about doing this for a while too.
If you guys want to plan something in Traverse City, I suggest during Cherry Festival which encompasses July 4th week. Tons of family events, car shows, wine-tasting, scenery, if you know what I mean,
We could all cruise Front street for a couple laps, make everyone wonder what's up?
I agree the Cherry Festival would be a riot. But I think we would have to start booking now for a place to stay..Otherwise we would have to pull a convoy from somewhere else, hopefully somewhat close.

Originally Posted by rangermike
I dont personally know any of you guys but I think it would be sweet to go on the plant tour. I guess it would give me a chance to meet you guys and see something sweet!
I have had the opertunity to meet a couple already on this site.. it has been worth the trip everytime.

Originally Posted by SidecarFlip
That all depends on which 'season' you refer too. For me, it's November 15th. I'm a bang bang person. Actually, I hunt predators year around here. It's open season 24/7/365.... If hunting is considered sitting on the back deck and looking through a Leupold 7.5 x 30 EFR Target scope.....

I like to be comfortable when I shoot.
I love them all, including the small game season, just havent been out for it much lately. I enjoy flinging arrows and bang bang..IT is just nice to be out doors..

Old 09-24-2010, 06:23 AM
SidecarFlip
Senior User
I'm open. Right now however, I'm in the middle of doubling the size of my shop with in floor heat. I ran out of room plus I have a CNC 10-12 Plasma cutter on order. I'll be working with the contractors today, readying the grade for the pouring of the slab, installing the PEX and generally being in the way.....

We might live in the depression state but my business isn't depressed at all. I've actually doubled my sales volume from last year.

I suspect I'll be hunkering down for the winter soon. I have to get bio-fuel stove ready for winter, get an additional 100 bushel of corn delivered and do one more cutting of hay yet. My truck is coming off the insurance mid October. It will be garaged until next spring. No vehicle likes a Michigan winter. I have my beat around car for that.

If any of you looked at my other thread and the problems I had with the fuel system....of my own ignorance of course, you'll realize that this year, I'll be adding some magic elixir to the fuel tanks. I bought some Powerservice PowerClean Biocide and I'm adding the CAT additive that I normally put in the farm tractors. My bulk farm fuel comes pre-treated with biocide but obviously (my stupidity) the on road fuel don't.

Heating with biomass sure beats Edison or Consumers anyday. About half.

To that end, I'm presuming that this is in anticipation of 2011.

Old 09-24-2010, 06:58 AM
FordBlueHeart
Logistics Pro
Tons of places to camp within a half hour drive from TC, Pat. Even Hotels.

Old 09-24-2010, 08:07 AM
rywegh
Cargo Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wow! Last time I checked about getting a our for the truck plant in Louisville I got a runaround and was then told no. They stated it was a security issue. Have fun! I will have to check into this again...

Old 09-24-2010, 08:53 AM
FordBlueHeart
Logistics Pro
Things have changed, they are advertising tours on TV now.

Old 09-24-2010, 09:59 AM
just another truck
Hotshot
Originally Posted by rywegh
Wow! Last time I checked about getting a our for the truck plant in Louisville I got a runaround and was then told no. They stated it was a security issue. Have fun! I will have to check into this again...
Ryan, you need to look at the link, this place is set up for tours, with raised walkways so as you are not on the floor, you look down on to the line. At each station there is a TV with one of the workers speaking about what it is they do there. It is a nice set up.