General Automotive Discussion

O'Reilly's parts stores

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 09:37 AM
fepowerguy8
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
O'Reilly's parts stores

Just recently a O'Reilly's auto parts store opened up near me. The other parts stores around here I am not getting what I want. So what are your guys experiences with O'Reilly's? They told me they do price matching, but their prices so far have already been lower then the other stores, just curious about their quality of parts, how they handle warranty items, and returns on bad parts, and how long do you normally have to wait for parts? If all this is good I might be switching parts stores, Carquest is really starting to tick me off. Thanks for any info.

Old 09-28-2010, 10:48 AM
firstonraceday
Laughing Gas
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
In the local area, as far as chain stores go, they seem to be fairly good. One thing I like is that they seem to carry more Motorcraft parts than the others (Advance, Autozone, Pep Boys, NAPA).

Old 09-28-2010, 04:48 PM
Ford_Six
Hotshot
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
CSK auto was bought out by OReilly's a couple years ago and now they are converting all the stores. The process has been less than great, there is a lot of stuff they can't even look up at the counter that you can order online, and while the selection of parts for some vehicles expanded, for some it was reduced quite a bit.

Old 09-30-2010, 04:09 AM
55 f350
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
got one literally around the corner from me , and after some issues with other stores i wandered in . most of the time they got people working that are knowledgeable and they now know when i walk in get the books out as my old stuff isn't in the 'putor !!!!!!!!!!!!! you'd be suprized by looking online and in store how much stuff they have or have access too for my flatheads ......................

Old 09-30-2010, 04:55 AM
court1100f
Elder User
Well let me put it this way I've had 2 Professional mechanics flat out tell me Autozone parts are Junk aswell as Advanced Auto. These two approve of Oreilly's/Carquest/ and Napa/aswell as Pepgirls

Old 09-30-2010, 09:09 AM
55 f350
Post Fiend
AMEN TO THE JUNK A-ZONE PARTS !!!!!! i do have to go there occasionally for the bird as sometimes , like the small pattern flexplate i need to put a smaller 'verter in the trans , isn't available at oreilly's and they'll have it . don't like too but ya do what ya gotta do !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-30-2010, 11:53 AM
macgiobuin
Cargo Master
I'm partial to anything Irish.

Old 09-30-2010, 06:52 PM
fepowerguy8
Posting Guru
Well it all sounds like good stuff. Looks like I'm changing parts stores. I've bought a few item there so far and their prices are way cheaper then carquest and their quality, at least perceived is way better then carquest, so far I'm sold.

Old 09-30-2010, 06:54 PM
fepowerguy8
Posting Guru
After I get done with this new crap, I will get back to working on teh restorations of a few 60's and 70's things, I will test them then to see if they can find stuff in books.

Old 10-06-2010, 12:14 PM
macgiobuin
Cargo Master
Just got back from Oriellys and was very pleased. They didn't have exactly what I was looking for, but they gave me several suggestions for alternatives AND looked for the item on-line at several area auto parts stores. Service is always outstanding here.

Old 10-10-2010, 06:22 AM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,219 Likes on 802 Posts
I installed three fuel pumps in my '88 F-150 a couple of years ago. Two of them came from carquest and both failed. The third came from AZ and it lasted. Luck of the draw? Perhaps. I don't normally have an issue with parts no matter where they came from.

Oreillys is just starting to make it in my area so I have no experience with them. However in AZ's defense, they are everywhere, they warranty their stuff and you don't need a receipt. Oh, and some of the stuff the they sell is actually made in America.

Old 03-23-2011, 01:58 PM
lv2race
Laughing Gas
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
PEP BOYS SUCKS!!! I had a problem with Pep Boys this week on a warranted belt. The manager responded to my letter and called me today and said he can't do nothing. Right, this idiot even went back and talked to his parts counter guy and confirmed it can't be replaced unless I have the old part. Who is the manager? This is a letter I sent to their online customer service.

On 2/22/11, I bought 4 belts for my son's car and installed them a week later. Last night 3/20/11, the alternator belt broke and I had to jump start the car to get home. Went to store 613 (Euclid and Katella in Anaheim, CA) on 3/21 hoping to get a replacement belt. I was going to spend the extra $8-$10 and upgrade to a better belt, so I wanted the store manager to credit me $6.99 towards the better belt. He said he can't unless I have the old part. I did not have the old belt because it broke and is laying on the road somewhere. Over the years, I have spent $$$ at Pep Boys, and to be told "no" that a $6.99 warranted item won't be replaced is not right. Fortunately, AutoZone was on the other side of the parking lot where I took my business. Unless this is fixed, I will no longer shop at Pep Boys. Pep Boys should honor the warranty and I expect to receive a check in the mail for $7.60.

I've been using Kragen/Oreilly for years and they have been great for me. I also use AutoZone and the warranty coverage is great. I will NEVER go to Pep Boys again because they suck.

Old 03-23-2011, 07:52 PM
mercman86
Elder User
Not too many of them around here. I did buy an air filter from one in Beaver Dam, WI last year and they were a lot cheaper than auto zone or the Fleet Farm right down the road. Store was nice and the lil girl behind the computer was very helpful.

Old 03-23-2011, 08:55 PM
kermmydog
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have never had bad luck with Auto Zone parts & I'm a retired mechanic. As for O'Reilly's if they are going to do what CKS did I will not be shopping there. You would go on line & price a part then go to the store & the price was no good unless you brought in a copy of the online price. The price in the store would be 20-30% higher. AZ you got the same price as on the internet period. To me doing what CKS did was to screw you if they could. I can tell you in my area O'Reilly's is a fair amount higher then AutoZone.
Just my two cents.
Craig

Old 03-23-2011, 10:15 PM
court1100f
Elder User
Yeah Oreilly's is more expensive here and Advanced Auto is even MORE expensive than Oreilly's what is CKS Don't think we got those down here in Houston

Quick Reply: O'Reilly's parts stores