6.2L V8 Discuss the 6.2L V8

dB Exhaust by Corsa for 6.2 Super Duty...

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 05:48 PM
Scrming
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dB Exhaust by Corsa for 6.2 Super Duty...

I had the day off from work so....

Ok... so here is the details. I sent an e-mail off to Corsa about their dB Performance exhaust that I seen on Youtube. Specifically asking if it mattered if the truck was extended cab, crew cab, long box, short box... I was very pleased to get a VERY PROMPT reply! (Unanswered e-mails are a pet peeve of mine!) The e-mail was answered by Jim Browning, the Auto Sales Channel Manager. Jim and I exchanged a few more e-mails, with me explaining what I was looking for, a bit more GROWL for my new 6.2. Jim assured me that their system was just what I was looking for! He also invited me down to their facility to check them out (I'm pretty picky when it come to my mods! LOL) and then while I was there they would install the system for me! So a few more e-mails and we setup the date for me to come down to Corsa... So here is some pictures from my trip!

Stock system. From left to right, muffler, smaller resonator, larger resonator (2 to 1 collector?)

Stock system removed (new system in the background...)

New dB Performance exhaust system (part # 24390)

Side by side:

New system going in!

The single exit gets a 5 inch slash cut tip

Laser etched logo:

Couple more pics:

and finally... the stock muffler will fit in your bed... LOL

So... my impressions... Jim was right! Jim had told me I would love this system on my truck and I do!!! The dB system gives the truck that deeper rumble I was looking for without going overboard. The idle note is much more full. Get on the throttle and the system really wakes up and GROWLS! Not over the top, make your ears bleed, but definitely gets your attention! And when you are cruising, it's about as quiet as stock! (if not as quiet!). I spent a lot of the trip home with the stereo off just listening to the truck... Only time I could really hear it was when I was cruising and I would hit an incline, and would give the truck a little bit of throttle (like when cruise control needs to keep your speed on an incline)... You could hear the engine rumble... this of course was with the stereo off and I actually enjoyed the sound! So the claim of no drone is pretty darn accurate! (There will always be someone that will hear drone, on every system.. LOL) So for me the sound is exactly what I wanted and am thrilled with this setup!!!

I mentioned improved fuel economy... It's still very early... but my limited data says it looks like I might have picked up some where around 10%... maybe a little less.. maybe a little more... I will update this once I have more miles on the truck...

And finally, I would like to mention the people of Corsa. As I pointed out, Jim quickly replied to my e-mail questions. While I was there touring the facility, I was constantly met with big smiles and warm handshakes! Even Mark, who installed the system, had a great attitude despite that I was always in his way and the fact that my truck was constantly RAINING ICY WATER on him!!!

Yes, I'm very impressed with the product, the company and the people!

Old 02-22-2011, 06:35 PM
Timberghost
Freshman User
That is cruel!!!!!!!

Old 02-22-2011, 10:36 PM
chris8084
Freshman User
You sure know how to take damn good picture!

Old 02-23-2011, 05:38 AM
Scrming
Senior User
Ok... so as not to be too cruel... going to take me a couple days to put my complete write up / review of the system together (started a blog of stuff at The Super Duty ) I RUSHED throwing this video together... not my best work but hopefully give you an idea... make sure you have some good speakers or even better yet find some over the ear headphones!

And, Chris.. THANKS!!!

Ok.. short video:

YouTube - dB Exhaust by Corsa - 2011 Ford Super Duty 6.2L

I will be post more pictures and more detailed review of the system... but first impression is this was EXACTLY what I wanted for my daily driver / tow vehicle. Quick description a bit more sound at startup / idle, same as stock when cruising (I had a 4 hour drive home), and a REALLY NICE GROWL when you get on the throttle!!! And then there is the improved gas mileage!

more to come!

Old 02-23-2011, 11:36 AM
nycsteve
Mountain Pass
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So what about the improved gas milage?
Whats replaced from stock? Is the cat still on?
Sounds great.

Old 02-23-2011, 11:45 AM
Scrming
Senior User
Originally Posted by nycsteve
So what about the improved gas milage?
Whats replaced from stock? Is the cat still on?
Sounds great.
Would like to get a few more miles on before I get to excited about improved gas mileage... but first impression is it did go up!

I actually took a number of pictures during the install... I just need to clean them up a bit! (yes, I nit-pick my photos... LOL)

Yes, you keep the stock cats and stock resonators, both big and small.

I will try to get the photos up tonight....

Old 02-23-2011, 02:45 PM
Byram
Posting Guru

Subscribing

Old 02-23-2011, 06:38 PM
Scrming
Senior User
Original posted updated!!! PHWEW... LOL

Old 02-23-2011, 07:12 PM
Byram
Posting Guru

Sounds good.. Please keep us posted - especially on any real mileage increase.....

Old 02-23-2011, 08:23 PM
Radioactive 4x4
Senior User
Hey S, I know you are not that far from me and you said it was a 4 hr drive but where is this company that installed it for you and has a great product? I'm completely interested but do they have a dual exit with one on each side? And what is the cost we are looking at? PM me if you want-- thanks.

Old 02-23-2011, 08:30 PM
RZAR
Tuned
Funny. My truck does not have the small resonator in the middle. I guess ford didnt have enough room because my truck is a regular cab.

Old 02-24-2011, 04:30 AM
Scrming
Senior User
Originally Posted by Radioactive 4x4
Hey S, I know you are not that far from me and you said it was a 4 hr drive but where is this company that installed it for you and has a great product? I'm completely interested but do they have a dual exit with one on each side? And what is the cost we are looking at? PM me if you want-- thanks.
I actually had it installed right at Corsa, which is located just outside of Cleveland.

Yes, they do have a dual exit kit:

dB Performance Exhaust - dB Products

If you are looking for a more local Corsa dealer, my friends down at MRT, located down by Detroit can get Corsa products. There are also a couple of online stores but some did not have very good ratings...

Also some of the more popular places like Summit Racing are Corsa dealers but don't look like they have these kits on their website yet...

More info about dB Performance at:

dB Performance Exhaust

As it turns out Corsa is going to use my truck for a magazine article and I've also agreed to let them use some of my photo (if needed) so they did give me a bit of a price break... I did do some online comparisons and here does seem to be some pricing variations so it's probably going to depend on where you buy it...

Old 02-24-2011, 09:26 AM
iggy2
Senior User
Nice install and sound. I really like the duel pipes but I think my wife may think it is too loud. Do you think the single pipe has less rumble or about the same as the duel?

Keep us posted on any mileage information. If it was only true about a 10% increase it could be a great selling point.

Old 02-24-2011, 05:01 PM
Scrming
Senior User
Originally Posted by iggy2
Nice install and sound. I really like the duel pipes but I think my wife may think it is too loud. Do you think the single pipe has less rumble or about the same as the duel?

Keep us posted on any mileage information. If it was only true about a 10% increase it could be a great selling point.
Thanks!

Not sure how the dual compares to the single... I would think they would be comparable.... but not sure... Unless you are driving around with the pedal to the floor I don't think you would find it too loud... That being said, i am working on a new video that might help...

As for the gas mileage... Right now it's looking about a 9% increase in all around MPG. I went from 13.4 to 14.7. For grins today I set the cruise control just over 50 MPH on a flat section of road and hit reset.. After couple of miles the MPG settled in at 19.5 MPG....

Old 02-25-2011, 08:17 AM
Scrming
Senior User

Quick Reply: dB Exhaust by Corsa for 6.2 Super Duty...