6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

How are you liking your trucks so far?

Old 09-09-2010, 09:16 PM
150ford
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
How are you liking your trucks so far?

These trucks have been out awhile and i see quite a few on the road. My question is give me your opinions off the new truck likes an dislikes. A friend off mine has one an I got to ride in it the other day. I was blown away by it. The power the quiteness off the motor. Makes my 2003 F 250 look like something out off the dark ages. IMO this truck is several years ahead off anything on the market currently. Give me your thoughts guys..Thanks

Old 09-09-2010, 10:14 PM
150ford
Post Fiend
So anybody have some input here. Maybe not many owners out there.

Old 09-09-2010, 10:22 PM
brmpipes
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i have just over 1300km on mine and live in alberta.about 500km has been put on on rough oilpatch roads.the truck rides very nice and has great road manners.Will get hp update tomorro and will comment on that after its done.i find the brake shields on the truck tend to trap rocks and make a gross noise when they get in thier.They will eventually fall out with a quick stab of the pedal.

Old 09-09-2010, 10:22 PM
EpicCowlick
Post Fiend
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
I think you pretty much summed it up for most 6.7L owners in your first post. There have been so many detailed discussions on these and other forums that it would be repetitive to restate again. That's probably why you're not getting responses to your original post. Great question though. Every truck buyer had to ask and answer that question for themselves at some point.

Old 09-09-2010, 10:33 PM
150ford
Post Fiend
Thanks for the input just trying to get some feedback from the owners off the trucks. I am hoping for lots off replies the more the better. Epic how do you like yours?

Old 09-09-2010, 10:35 PM
rickatic
Postmaster
As stated by epic, look around this forum a little. No unhappy owners to be found

Old 09-10-2010, 12:46 AM
Shakedown St.
Junior User
Originally Posted by brmpipes
i have just over 1300km on mine and live in alberta.about 500km has been put on on rough oilpatch roads.the truck rides very nice and has great road manners.Will get hp update tomorro and will comment on that after its done.i find the brake shields on the truck tend to trap rocks and make a gross noise when they get in thier.They will eventually fall out with a quick stab of the pedal.

X2 on the brake shields....that freaked me out one day!!

To the OP, I couldn't be happier with my truck. It is a dream to drive and a serious towing machine!!

Old 09-10-2010, 06:05 AM
ruschejj
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Same here, best truck so far for me. The only complaint I have is just something that I overlooked/assumed when I purchased it. I should have confirmed the rear leaf spring config. I need more heft back there, but it's my fault, not Ford's.

Use the Forum Search tools, and page through all the threads over the last 6 months. You'll find lots of information, which is what you are asking for.

Old 09-10-2010, 07:47 AM
Tom
Super Moderator
Received 664 Likes on 435 Posts
This is the first vehicle I've ever had that I think does everything well. My '08 came close to that, but the fuel economy was awful.

This one is quiet, comfortable, has LOTS of power, can tow anything I can put behind it, AND gets great fuel economy. I average around 20 MPG on my 43-mile rural highway commute to work!

This thing is amazing!!!

Old 09-10-2010, 08:52 AM
djjoshuad
Posting Guru
I'm also one of the happy owners, although I've only had it a week and 600 miles. So far, so good. I'm averaging just over 16 mpg in my normal unloaded commuting routine. That's a lot of stop-n-go on the dallas highways, mixed in with some stretches of open road. a full 1.5 mpg better than my traded-in 2007 C/C Tundra 5.7L. The interior is of higher quality than all previous trucks (Ford and Toyota included), and the gadgets... oh, the gadgets . My truck has nav, sunroof, FX4, and the King Ranch package. I use my remote start nearly every time I get in the vehicle. Not that it's cold here, but an additional 30 seconds to warm up can't be a bad thing... and the AC cooling things off in the TX heat is genius. This weekend I will do some towing mpg calculations, and MAYBE get the new tune. I'm actually thinking about waiting until after this weekend so I can get before and after mpg/feel for both loaded and unloaded.

In short, I LOVE this truck. It's not the only top-of-the-line truck I've owned, but it's certainly the best.

Old 09-10-2010, 09:11 AM
EpicCowlick
Post Fiend
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by 150ford
Thanks for the input just trying to get some feedback from the owners off the trucks. I am hoping for lots off replies the more the better. Epic how do you like yours?
Everything everyone has said, I love it too. It's my first Super Duty as my earlier purchases were a (don't laugh) Sport Trac, Expedition and Excursion. I really enjoyed those vehicles in comparison to my previous decade in GM products but this SD is something new altogether. Beyond expectations. My only real beef is the size of the fuel tank. 26 gallons when you're towing can get used up pretty fast and it's embarrassing to convoy with two of my friends who each have a Dodge and a Chev. I'm waiting for Titan to make their 51 gallon poly tank later this year. It'll be about $1,200 but will be worth not having to sweat whether the next exit has ULSD or not.

Old 09-10-2010, 09:55 AM
rickatic
Postmaster
Sport Trac....Deb wants one to replace her 02 SuperCrew

Old 09-10-2010, 10:47 AM
srkr
Cargo Master
Received 440 Likes on 192 Posts
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/9...miles-and.html

Enough said...apparently....

LOL

WOOHOOO!!!

Shane

Old 09-10-2010, 07:43 PM
jermort
Senior User
Amazed!

4k on the clock in one month! Drive it every chance I get.

jammer

Old 09-10-2010, 08:04 PM
GMUGNIER
Tuned
I am very happy with my truck - however - I did purchase the FX4 package and there is no skid plate on the oil pan - Does anyone else have a skid plate on the plastic oil pan??

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How are you liking your trucks so far?