Utah Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Nichalicious

Question on emissions

Old 07-13-2010, 10:53 PM
rknight29
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question on emissions

Hi all. Newly active member here from northern Utah County. Just bought a 1995 F-350 with the 7.3PSD and was pleased to find out I was exempt from emissions. So does that mean that as long as I live down here, pretty much anything goes in terms of exhaust mods?

Old 07-22-2010, 06:47 AM
mistakenID
Posting Guru
I thought Utah county had the same IM as Salt Lake and Davis county. Diesel needs to have an IM in Salt Lake and Davis.

If there really is no IM on the diesel, exhaust has to exit in back of passenger compartment and you have to have a muffler. Utah safety inspections will not accept the turbo as a noise suppression device. I've fought with them before, even though my truck is much quieter than many with aftermarket LOUD mufflers, they won't pass mine straight piped. I put my dads name on the title with mine and register in southern Utah so no IM for me either.

Old 07-22-2010, 11:00 AM
rknight29
Junior User
Originally Posted by mistakenID
I thought Utah county had the same IM as Salt Lake and Davis county. Diesel needs to have an IM in Salt Lake and Davis.

If there really is no IM on the diesel, exhaust has to exit in back of passenger compartment and you have to have a muffler. Utah safety inspections will not accept the turbo as a noise suppression device. I've fought with them before, even though my truck is much quieter than many with aftermarket LOUD mufflers, they won't pass mine straight piped. I put my dads name on the title with mine and register in southern Utah so no IM for me either.
No IM in Utah county. Thanks for the info on the muffler. Guess I'll delete the cat and go with as close to a straight through muffler as I can get.

Old 12-05-2010, 11:07 PM
Unrealo4
Posting Guru
Yeah I live in Utah county as well. I own a 2004 f350 and as soon as I can Im deleteing the EGR system. Ive called local emission shops and they all say diesels are exempt in utah county. They dont even connect to the the obdII port for anything. Its safety inspection and pay uncle sam and your good to go.

Search this Thread