1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

does not go into gear

Old 09-01-2010, 06:56 PM
wescon
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
does not go into gear

I have a problem with a 2007 ford f350 with the 6L
I found the transfer case relays for high low, low high all burnt up under the hood. Now the truck does not go into gear the 4x4 switch is not working and there is no trouble codes when hooked up with generic code reader. I am getting an engine code for injector so i know my scanner is working (this was the job i was going to do, now i have this other problem....I assume i will have to get a transmission shop to scan the transmission.....Do these 6L have a TCU that i can check? I put all the wiring in with new relays and when i hooked the batteries back up one of the relays starting ticking for about 10 seconds "TICK..TICK..TICK..TICK..TICK.." and then the tick went away. I thought maybe it was calibrating possibly.. i started the truck and still does not go into gear and yes i have the wiring hooked up right. I got the wiring schematic from ford and the wiring is color coded. My next step is to check the harness down to the trans and check for power and such stuff...Just curious if anybody has come across something like this.......all the fuses are good i don't have the owners manual so i checked every fuse and relay.

Old 09-01-2010, 08:31 PM
Mark Kovalsky
Fleet Owner

Received 1,570 Likes on 1,049 Posts
Yes, there is a TCM. It is in the same module as the ECM, you check it for codes at the same time you check the ECM.

Search this Thread