6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

2011 on order!!!! I hope its a good truck.

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2010, 11:02 PM
cummins cowboy
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 on order!!!! I hope its a good truck.

ok boys I started a couple threads here, notice my handle. maybe I will have to change it. I have been driving dodge diesels for 15 years. but after 7k in out of pocket repairs to my '06, and its got bad ball joints and front u joints AGAIN!!!! all this before the truck even has 95k miles. I just couldn't see myself buying another dodge with a known weak ball joint problem, they didn't change it on the 2010's and they are not using urea so the fuel mileage will suck. I never ever thought it would happen but I ordered a ford f250 6.7 xlt, got the deal I wanted with $500 below invoice. I am scared to death and hoping like hell this new truck works out for me. I plan on selling it by the time it gets to 100k miles so either way on the motor if there is any problems I should be fine either way, but it would be nice to have no issues and be able to get 100k to 130k miles without any issues.

I am sure there is info out there on this but if someone wouldn't mind filling in a dodge guy who has went to the dark side. how long does it take to get a VIN?? some basics of the process would be nice, as I have to time the sale of the dodge.

I see a couple other utah boys out there, I will soon be joining you.

Old 08-29-2010, 01:19 AM
PowerStrokeHD
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
With out knowing what other unscheduled Super Duties your dealer has on order compared to this coming weeks allocation for the dealer, it would be difficult to guess as to how long it will be before you get a VIN. Assuming your next in line, the order is clean and the dealer has allocation for this coming week, you may have one by Friday as orders are normally pulled from the order bank each week on Thursday night / early Friday. No VIN by Friday usually means another week of waiting...

Once the order is pulled and VIN'd it will usually be scheduled to a "build week" within about 24 hours of the order being pulled. As the scheduled build week gets closer a scheduled "build day" will be issued. Dealer ETA will also be available right about the same time. As the scheduled build day approaches the order will be officially "sent to plant" and at this time the order is invoiced and the window sticker is generated. From that point its pretty much just waiting for it to be built and delivered...

Old 08-29-2010, 07:11 AM
6.7Fan
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PowerStrokeHD is the expert here, but I can tell you from my experience in Utah. I ordered from LHM Ford on 1300 S / 500 W. I had my VIN in about a week and the entire process took about 5 weeks from order date to delivery date. I just picked up my truck on 8/25 and have been grinning from ear to ear since.

You can also read through this thread to get just about all the details you'll need along the way:

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/9...y-periods.html