Sponsored by: Moser

I Love This Truck !!

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2010, 08:53 PM
FoMoFun
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I Love This Truck !!

Hey all.....I'm a noob, and have enjoyed reading all the posts here, particularly the "controversy" regarding new vs. old school with Ford's upcoming engine changes for 2011. I look forward to what Ford will bring in the future too, but for now I have to say "I LOVE THIS TRUCK!"

I came from a Ridgeline, which I gave my wife last year (20th, and she wanted that for a present!).....found I really missed having a truck after being in an SUV for a year. (Yeah, I know the Honda is not really a truck. Does a Ram 1500 count?).

After driving all "big 3", I chose the F 150 screw, 2wd posi, tow, chrome XLT, SYNC etc. because: Quiet, solid, nice interior, reasonably frugal, and nice looking to boot. I specifically wanted the 4.6 3v 6 spd (call it a Mustang longing) and I am not unhappy with the choice. This thing is built like a vault! I'm averaging what I got in the Ridgeline, albeit with 2 more cylinders, 700 more pounds and a lot more truck.

That said, I hope everyone here is enjoying their truck as much as I have been enjoying mine! No matter when you jump in and get one, you can't go wrong.

1,378 miles and and nary a complaint. Great vehicle and great forum too!

Old 08-22-2010, 09:27 PM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,218 Likes on 801 Posts
Originally Posted by FoMoFun
Hey all.....I'm a noob, and have enjoyed reading all the posts here, particularly the "controversy" regarding new vs. old school with Ford's upcoming engine changes for 2011. I look forward to what Ford will bring in the future too, but for now I have to say "I LOVE THIS TRUCK!"

I came from a Ridgeline, which I gave my wife last year (20th, and she wanted that for a present!).....found I really missed having a truck after being in an SUV for a year. (Yeah, I know the Honda is not really a truck. Does a Ram 1500 count?).

After driving all "big 3", I chose the F 150 screw, 2wd posi, tow, chrome XLT, SYNC etc. because: Quiet, solid, nice interior, reasonably frugal, and nice looking to boot. I specifically wanted the 4.6 3v 6 spd (call it a Mustang longing) and I am not unhappy with the choice. This thing is built like a vault! I'm averaging what I got in the Ridgeline, albeit with 2 more cylinders, 700 more pounds and a lot more truck.

That said, I hope everyone here is enjoying their truck as much as I have been enjoying mine! No matter when you jump in and get one, you can't go wrong.

1,378 miles and and nary a complaint. Great vehicle and great forum too!
Great post bro and may your new truck bliss continue for many years to come.

Old 08-23-2010, 06:51 PM
D8chumley
Resident smarta$$
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Congrads on the new truck, and welcome to FTE!

Old 08-24-2010, 10:42 AM
FoMoFun
Senior User
Thanks all...........there's even nice talk about F150's and Ford's new engines over at the Honda Ridgeline forum. That was a surprise!

Old 08-24-2010, 08:35 PM
3putt
Senior User
Congrats on the new truck and most of us agree completely; these new trucks and really trimmed out nice and they ride quiet. They do it all; haul things, great on long trips, and provide a comfort level one does not get in a car. That's how I see it anyways. Don't see me owning a car; ever.