6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis

2008 f250 Weight

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2010, 08:00 PM
RUFFSTUFF
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have the 10000lb GVWR package and the sticker says my payload is 2150. Although I wish it was more, I am good with that.

Old 11-21-2010, 08:26 PM
Crete
Senior User
Originally Posted by RUFFSTUFF
I have the 10000lb GVWR package and the sticker says my payload is 2150. Although I wish it was more, I am good with that.
Have you ever weighed it?

Old 11-21-2010, 09:36 PM
RUFFSTUFF
Senior User
Originally Posted by Crete
Have you ever weighed it?

Nope. Not that important.

Old 11-21-2010, 09:46 PM
Crete
Senior User
Nope. Not that important.
So how do you know if your stated payload is even correct? It could be far less then stated.

Old 11-22-2010, 05:33 AM
RUFFSTUFF
Senior User
So how do you know if your stated payload is even correct? It could be far less then stated.

It's a 2010 CC 6.4L F250. Let's be real, do I really need to know the exact weight? It can handle any of my 3 trailers with my family of 4 and a load in the bed with ease. I was setting up my WD bars for my 6000lb travel trailer and based on the sag measurements, I wouldn't actually even need the WD bars! Like I said earlier, I'm good with that. Now I may get my heaviest setup weighed at some point, but it's not very high on my list of things to do before I die.

Old 11-22-2010, 07:06 AM
Crete
Senior User
It's a 2010 CC 6.4L F250. Let's be real, do I really need to know the exact weight? It can handle any of my 3 trailers with my family of 4 and a load in the bed with ease. I was setting up my WD bars for my 6000lb travel trailer and based on the sag measurements, I wouldn't actually even need the WD bars! Like I said earlier, I'm good with that. Now I may get my heaviest setup weighed at some point, but it's not very high on my list of things to do before I die.
Your lack of knowledge of your own equipment makes your previous statements even more ridiculous.

Old 11-22-2010, 08:53 AM
StanleyZ
Logistics Pro
Received 68 Likes on 31 Posts
Y'all know that weight and too much weight were always the most discussed topic on these truck sites until we started talking about 2008-10 fuel mileage. Over the 10 years I've been towing these fifth wheels I've done a lot of research and reached several conclusions: 1 as long as the tires on the rear axle are rated to handle the load these trucks will haul or tow most anything we will throw at them. 2. Unless you are a commerical vehicle, nobody cares what you are hauling or towing until you reach the point where it becomes obviously unsafe, like the rear bumper draging on the ground (lol). 3. You can buy and install enough after market stuff to make all those ratings meaningless. IE: does this F250 look over loaded? It handled this 17K lb 5er very nicely for 18 months. 4. There is no accident senerio where you would be the "at fault" driver overloaded but not the "at fault" driver if you were not over loaded. I submit this only to save some folks a lot of reading. I researched a lot of states, not all but probably two thirds, and the only state laws I could find that related to weight for non-commerical trucks were a couple that addressed the tire issue. IE: the weight of any axle should not exceed the posted tire rating. But a lot of folks will read something out of context and believe all kind laws apply to us. Hope this helps whoever finds it.

Attached Images  
Old 11-22-2010, 11:03 AM
RUFFSTUFF
Senior User
Your lack of knowledge of your own equipment makes your previous statements even more ridiculous.

Oh really? Please take the time to enlighten me...

Old 11-23-2010, 08:40 AM
RUFFSTUFF
Senior User
Waiting patiently for an intelligent response... or one from Crete.

Old 11-23-2010, 04:07 PM
Crete
Senior User
Oh really? Please take the time to enlighten me...
Hate to keep you waiting.

You say you "You can't just use GVWR minus actual weight and say that's how much load you can put on the truck. You actually have to look at the load sticker to see what the payload is, chances are it's less than calculated". When just the opposite is likely. Payload is GVWR minus curb/actual weight. If you don't know the actual weight of your truck you can NOT or do NOT know the payload.

Last edited by Crete; 11-23-2010 at 04:23 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-23-2010, 05:29 PM
RUFFSTUFF
Senior User
Hate to keep you waiting.

You say you "You can't just use GVWR minus actual weight and say that's how much load you can put on the truck. You actually have to look at the load sticker to see what the payload is, chances are it's less than calculated". When just the opposite is likely. Payload is GVWR minus curb/actual weight. If you don't know the actual weight of your truck you can NOT or do NOT know the payload.

Yeah, I made a mistake on the first part, I was mixing apples and oranges because I was thinking GCWR which wasn't my intention...

Now for this part:
If you don't know the actual weight of your truck you can NOT or do NOT know the payload.
I must be special, because I have a sticker inside my driver's door where Ford explicitly specifies my payload. For me, 2149 lbs. Now if I later add equipment that increases or decreases my truck's weight then I would have to adjust my payload accordingly. You may say that I would need the actual weight because that would be the true payload and I say without modifications I don't. Why? Because in order for you to say that you need the actual weight to be correct you would need to do one of 2 things:
1. Determine the actual GVWR (which to me sounds destructive), or
2. Believe the provided GVWR to be true and absolute. Mine is rated at 10,000lbs.

If someone cares to volunteer information they obtained from Option 1, that would be sweet. For us.
If you believe Option 2, which is probably most of us, then I say go with the Tire and Loading sticker. Then as you add stuff, like a loaded truck box, etc., you can weigh your truck to determine how much you have left. Or don't weigh, which is the route that I have chosen, based on my suspension measurements with my heaviest load, which is my travel trailer.

Personally, I think the F250 is more capable than rated.

Old 11-24-2010, 11:32 AM
StanleyZ
Logistics Pro
Received 68 Likes on 31 Posts
I don't have a dog in this fight but I have owned probably 30 vehicles in my life a bunch of them pickup trucks and I have never seen a "payload" sticker. I just went out and looked at my 08 and unless there is a code on there that I don't understand it has no "payload" numbers. It has what all cars and trucks have had for the past 20 years or so, a rear and front axle weight rating specific to tires and inflation. I'm pretty sure that's a DOT requirment on the manufacturer. if I had a pay load number I would probably ignore it anyway (lol) but I don't have one. What year is your truck?

Old 11-24-2010, 11:48 AM
RUFFSTUFF
Senior User
2010. Under the sticker that has the VIN, front and rear GAWR, axle code, etc, I have another sticker for tires and loading. It has the VIN again, tire pressures, front and rear maximum seating, and payload on it. For me, both stickers are on the pillar that separates the front driver door from the rear. Note: It does not say PAYLOAD, it says "The combined weight of occupants and cargo should never exceed XXXX."

Old 11-24-2010, 12:09 PM
RUFFSTUFF
Senior User
Here:

Old 11-24-2010, 12:20 PM
sdetweil
Hotshot

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
mine(dually) says 4839

interesting.. how can mine be a 1 ton truck, when its allowed to carry almost 2.5tons?

sam

Attached Images  

Quick Reply: 2008 f250 Weight