1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DP Tuner

F-350 Blocks - Add a leaf - Leveling Kit (Help)

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 03:45 PM
Spool&Go
Cargo Master
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Exclamation F-350 Blocks - Add a leaf - Leveling Kit (Help)

Hey everyone, I'm looking for some insight here...

So I have the 2.5" or 3" suspension leveling kit ( I think - it is the one that brings up the front to match the back i believe). I want my truck taller but dont want to buy a whole lift kit. They are soooo expensive. Does this add a leaf make it sit nose down again? or is it pretty level?

I'm almost positive that I have the leveling kit up front only (only stock blocks in back), most likely just enough to raise it to match the back since they came nose down stock.

1.) How can I measure my leveling kit? I do want to lift my truck up overall, front and back. So i understand that the stock blocks in back are 2".

2.) Should I get 4" f-350 blocks for the back with U bolts and the extra leafs?

3.) If i do that it should raise the back about 2.5" correct?

4.) If I do that, what will i have to do to bring the front up to match? take off the leveling kit I have right now and put a bigger one on?

5.) If so, how much are these kits and do you have links?

Here are the links that i have:

3" 99-09 Ford F250/F350 Pickup 4x4 Lift Block and U-bolt Kit - Top Gun Customz

Ford F250/F350 99-04 Super Duty 2" Rear Add-A-Leaf !! - Top Gun Customz

http://www.topguncustomz.com/Store/p...1&kittype=lift

Please let me know what you think. I want my truck to grow and also want to make sure I have good clearance for my next wheel/tire purchase.

Here is a pic of my truck for reference:

http://www.topguncustomz.com/Store/p...1&kittype=lift

Thanks

Old 08-18-2010, 04:33 PM
Spool&Go
Cargo Master
Can everyone post pics and state what they have? I'm thinking maybe the 3.5" or 4.5" f-350 blocks. Dont know what I would need to do on the fron to make it even.

Old 08-18-2010, 05:22 PM
HKusp
Lead Driver
Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Sanderson welding (ebay) front shackle kit which is a 2 inch lift in the front supposedly with 315/70/r16's and a Superlifts 4inch block and their replacement u-bolts in the back. That is a half inch bigger than the stock 350 block and you need the bolts in order to fit the block. Because I wanted the nose down a little in the front when empty for when I am hauling salt, the travel trailer or the horse trailer, so it will be level when hauling.

Old 08-18-2010, 05:28 PM
Spool&Go
Cargo Master
your truck looks about the same height as mine. So now I'm confused. What size tires? 34"s 35"S ? So if I want to raise the back about 2-3" then I should get the 4.5" f-350 blocks? and get what size of a shackle kit in the front? or should i do an add a leaf? whats the benefits of one compared to the other.

Old 08-18-2010, 05:50 PM
big poppa
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Here's mine with a Sandersons 2 inch or so shackle kit, leveled it out nice. Only thing, when towing it sagged a bit in the back but F-350 4 inch blocks from Keith Spdmopo helped with that. I can stuff some 315's I believe now with no problem. Just some info, you can find some Ford F-350 blocks with u bolts around for a decent price or a fine person here might have them laying around and offer them up to yaa, just like in my case.

Old 08-18-2010, 05:56 PM
HKusp
Lead Driver
Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Spool&Go
your truck looks about the same height as mine. So now I'm confused. What size tires? 34"s 35"S ? So if I want to raise the back about 2-3" then I should get the 4.5" f-350 blocks? and get what size of a shackle kit in the front? or should i do an add a leaf? whats the benefits of one compared to the other.
315's are roughly 35 inch tires. You may already have a shackle in the front and 350 blocks in the back. Have you looked or have you owned the truck since new? I have heard that an add a leaf will make it a much rougher riding truck, but I guess it all depends on the quality of the manufacturer. What I did cost me less than $200 total to do and for the most part I am very happy with it. If you go with an add a leaf or a full on lift kit, it can get way more expensive than that and I was severely on a budget back when I did mine.

Old 08-18-2010, 06:12 PM
big poppa
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Looking at Spools pics he looks like he has some type of leveling kit already on his truck, looks good now.

Old 08-18-2010, 07:22 PM
F350-6
Post Fiend
Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

What you have now is a leveling kit. What you want is a lift kit. Unfortunately, to go up higher will cost you some money because you need to take other things into consideration. It's not just bigger shackles and blocks. You also have to start worrying about all the other stuff when you go above a leveling kit. Shocks, track bar, pitman arm, driveline angle, brake line extensions, and so forth.

Look at a 4" or 6" lift kit and read all the other parts that come with it besides blocks and springs. Then look at all the optional stuff that might be needed also (usually at the bottom of the page). That's why a lift is so much more money.

Old 08-19-2010, 08:57 AM
Spool&Go
Cargo Master
Thats the thing. I can't afford a lift kit and all of the goods right now. I know I have a leveling kit but I was basically wondering if i could get a bigger leveling kit, or do the add-a-leaf- or get bigger blocks to get a couple more inches without a lift. anyone?

Old 08-19-2010, 09:07 AM
megawatt00
Hotshot
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thats the thing. I can't afford a lift kit and all of the goods right now. I know I have a leveling kit but I was basically wondering if i could get a bigger leveling kit, or do the add-a-leaf- or get bigger blocks to get a couple more inches without a lift. anyone?

There is noting that you can so to make it higher in the cheap and SAFE department. When you add a leveling kit to the front springs via a mini sprig pack or shackles that is the maximum amount that you can safely do with the factory stock springs. The rear the most I would recommend is a 4" block. If you want to go bigger then you have to pony up the $$ for a full fledged lift kit.

The only alternative is to install a body lift on the truck. I have done them on other trucks that I have had and it has worked out for me. The only think that I did not like was the space that you can see in between the body and the frame from the lift.

Sorry there is no other way to safely lift your suspension any more than you have for " cheap"

Old 08-19-2010, 09:14 AM
Spool&Go
Cargo Master
Thank you. That is the answer I was lookin for. Suspension lifts are just so expensive. And ya, Im not a big fan of the body lifts for that reason exactly. The space bothers me. Aren't there spacer kits that fill the gap that it makes though? just wondering. I doubt I'll do one but if they do have the spacer kit to fill the gap, I would maybe think about getting a 2"

Old 08-20-2010, 05:18 AM
SSSimon
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I want to level out my stock '03 CC PSD. It only has 2" of travel at the front axle to bump stops, and from underneath it looks sunk. I like the idea of keeping a soft ride so I'm guessing getting the longer shackles is better than adding a leaf to the front springs.

These look good value at $53. What do people think?

http://store.topguncustomz.com/Store...02&i=249249627

Old 08-20-2010, 03:23 PM
nickj11
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I put a 3" add-a-leaf on the rear of mine and a "so called" 2 15/16" Shackle lift on the front- however - i only got a true 2 3/8" in the rear and 2 1/4" in the front. The add-a-leaf is the way to go- the shackle lift is more trouble than you would expect- best thing about it is that you don't need to get new u-bolts.

Old 08-20-2010, 03:43 PM
Spool&Go
Cargo Master
That is pretty cool nick. I probably have the same thing. So how can I tell what I have on my truck. I kind of want to check what I have and see if any more height can be applied without putting on a whole new suspension lift.

Old 08-20-2010, 06:08 PM
BigAlsPSD
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What is your reasoning for more lift? To fit larger tires, I personally like the look of a levelled suspension and cutout flares, You can fit 38's I believe and it will cost less than an Expensive lift and give great ground clearance. Check out this rig for the look fyi. {OF}Smiley 2001 Ford F350 4x4 - 01 F350 SD

Quick Reply: F-350 Blocks - Add a leaf - Leveling Kit (Help)